C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Recommendations 4 wheel disc conversion/ offset trailing arms for 64

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Basic64
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recommendations 4 wheel disc conversion/ offset trailing arms for 64

Looking for some recommendations on kits that work /fit well for a 4 wheel disc conversion on my 64 roadster. I want a zero offset setup for the front end and rear offset trailing arms for larger tires for the rear. I'm also looking to add power brake booster and dual Reservoir master at same time. One thing I do not want is a aftermarket low end single. Piston caliper set up. Thank you in advance!

Jim
Old 12-12-2016, 11:56 PM
dados66
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Basic64
Looking for some recommendations on kits that work /fit well for a 4 wheel disc conversion on my 64 roadster. I want a zero offset setup for the front end and rear offset trailing arms for larger tires for the rear. I'm also looking to add power brake booster and dual Reservoir master at same time. One thing I do not want is a aftermarket low end single. Piston caliper set up. Thank you in advance!

Jim
Vansteel has everything you need.

https://www.vansteel.com/index.cfm?f...&SubGroup=1889
Old 12-15-2016, 11:12 AM
65air_coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 181 Posts

Just because trailing arms are advertised as 'offset' doesn't mean they are. I bought a used set complete and ended up returning them because of bad bearings. Before I did I measured them and there was no difference dimensionally, just that the parking brake tab was moved to the top of the arm. I can't remember which brand but it was one of the more common ones.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:56 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Sent you a PM.

DUB

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendations 4 wheel disc conversion/ offset trailing arms for 64

Quick Reply: Recommendations 4 wheel disc conversion/ offset trailing arms for 64