C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

NCRS Concours judging rollout Lakeland

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by 65tripleblack
Thanks for that Chuck.

Just learned something: around time 1:00 Dave states that "wheels are excluded" for cars in the Stock Division. I don't remember seeing that in print anywhere.
I believe that Dave is explaining how a car gets into the "stock" division vs. the "modified" division. With the doors, and hood closed, the body looks mostly stock, then it can go in the "stock division". Wheels are not the determining factor to push the car to "modified" division. So if someone has Cragar mags on the car, but everything else appears "stock" (exterior appearance), then the car could go into the "stock" division vs. modified.
The following users liked this post:
Loren Smith (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 AM
65tripleblack
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by mike coletta
I believe that Dave is explaining how a car gets into the "stock" division vs. the "modified" division. With the doors, and hood closed, the body looks mostly stock, then it can go in the "stock division". Wheels are not the determining factor to push the car to "modified" division. So if someone has Cragar mags on the car, but everything else appears "stock" (exterior appearance), then the car could go into the "stock" division vs. modified.
Exactly what I read into what he said, Mike. I didn't realize that a car in the stock class could have non-OE wheels on it and be in the Stock Division. Dave also didn't state that a car can be painted with a non-OE color and still be in the Stock Division.

Your '64 looks outstanding. Really done up in GREAT taste. Excellent!!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:21 PM
babbah
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 96 Posts

NCRS Judges MODIFIED cars? Since When - I'm Interested!!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

The test case was in Lakeland this last January....its been talked about a few NCRS Restorer issues ago ... November maybe ?

My '63 will be in it next January....Lord willing and the creek don't rise (as they say)...
Old 08-17-2018, 08:28 AM
vettnut
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 65tripleblack
Thanks for that Chuck.

Just learned something: around time 1:00 Dave states that "wheels are excluded" for cars in the Stock Division. I don't remember seeing that in print anywhere.

I assume my car is modified. Wrong color. I permanently removed some items, used 61 door panels, etc?
If some items are missing like the map pockets, is there a deduct?
I know originality is not being judged.
Thanks

Last edited by vettnut; 08-17-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: NCRS Concours judging rollout Lakeland