In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Jim McCombe

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 12:17 PM
head_start
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jim McCombe

We lost longtime Sears Point announcer & C4 driver Jim McCombe last night after a battle with MDS - message from his life partner Lynette below:

It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform everyone that Jim McCombe passed away this morning in his sleep at home. He gave it a good fight, but with MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndromes) it was a battle that he could not win. He was at peace when he made his journey home. Jim was my love and best friend for 43 years and I will truly miss him

A big thank you to Glen, Judy & John Terry for visiting Jim in the hospital along with Gary Carlson, Jeff Gillette, Barry Polly, Steve DeBuono, Nick Bublitz. Thank you to Georgia and Ted Seipel. Georgia has been wonderful checking on us both three times a day offering her wisdom.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support through this difficult time. Words can not express how much Jim and I appreciate the love and generosity you have shown us.

I would also like to say thank you to Sonoma Raceway for the wonderful flowers they sent and the support they have given. To Diana Brennan for setting up the we caring page at https://www.youcaring.com/lynettemccombe-1047225.

I do not have any details on the service at this moment, but once I know what is going to happen, I will post the information.

Love Lynette
Jim is a legend in the northern-California racing community. While once a fierce competitor, Jim is probably more recognized for being the 'golden voice' of Sonoma Raceway/Sears Point. After a stint announcing & eventually managing the Vaca Valley drag strip, he settled into his long term role at Sears Point. We will all miss Jim's stories and his intimate knowledge of drag race history. I can't find any more words to express Jim's impact on us all.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:39 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by head_start
We lost longtime Sears Point announcer & C4 driver Jim McCombe last night after a battle with MDS - message from his life partner Lynette below:

Jim is a legend in the northern-California racing community. While once a fierce competitor, Jim is probably more recognized for being the 'golden voice' of Sonoma Raceway/Sears Point. After a stint announcing & eventually managing the Vaca Valley drag strip, he settled into his long term role at Sears Point. We will all miss Jim's stories and his intimate knowledge of drag race history. I can't find any more words to express Jim's impact on us all.
’’’’’//

Old 12-28-2017, 04:16 PM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Rest In Peace

Get notified of new replies

To Jim McCombe