C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Hi Neighbors - C2 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I've had, and autocrossed, several Mustangs...regret selling them too.
Easy to maintain, NPD is 50 minutes away for parts, and, there is much less frenzy about 'correctness'.....very enjoyable cars to own and drive.

In life's list of, "....things I should have my azz kicked for doing" (we all have one; don't pretend otherwise!).

Selling that silver-frost convertible is WAY up there...
Attached Images   

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 02-19-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 AM
Michael H
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

So the website says the car has sold. Did you buy it Jim?
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by rtruman

I feel you regret that and hold strong opinions on Split window coups .

I think its always bothers you that you sold it and let it go.
Thanks but you give me credit for something I don't deserve. I have always had strong yearnings for a '63 convertible, not a coupe. Never did care for them and that's why I sold the one I had for way more than I gave for it. When the '63 Corvettes hit the streets, I wanted one. But I didn't want a coupe. I wanted a covertible.

In my 60 years of car ownership, I've only had one car I regretted getting rid of and I got it back quickly. It was my first new car. A '65 model and it wasn't a Corvette. I still have it today.

A Corvette isn't even my favorite model Chevrolet.

One car out of maybe a hundred I have owned over the years.

Last edited by MikeM; 02-19-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by capevettes
That looks like a very nice 63 fuelie convertible. 63 convertibles bring less than 65- 67 convertibles. It's a fuelie, so it brings more than a comparable 63 carb Vette would bring. It appears to be relatively correct, with some deviations.
My best advice would be to have an NCRS member well versed in 63 fuelies give it a thorough inspection and make an informed decision. It might make more sense in the 70ish range, but Inspecting in person and looking at pics are very different.
Good luck.
I was thinking the same thing, have the car and all the fuel injection numbers checked by someone who knows these cars, these systems have expensive parts and are expensive to service, the numbers are an important factor in the price of the car. You may also have to have the injection gone through by someone who knows them if you buy it, a few $$$ plus the logistics if you have no one local, only a few really good guys left.
I like to drive my cars, so for me I if I absolutely wanted a '63 convertible, I would go for a 340 HP car, I don't want to have to fuss with fuel injection on modern pump gas. That being said though, I still prefer 65~67 for the reasons others mentioned.
Good luck with your decision.

Paul

PS: Missed the post that said the car sold.

Last edited by Fawndeuce; 02-19-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:42 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael H
So the website says the car has sold. Did you buy it Jim?
No, I did not......

I'm hearing two stories from the dealer. The first one I heard from another salesman there (one I haven't been working with) told me some one was asking a lot of question on authenticity so the owner took it down (I think that some one might be me).

The 2nd story I heard from the salesman I've been dealing with this morning is it was bought jut this morning.

Either way, seems a little odd.... time to move on.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Last edited by IDSRVIT; 02-19-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:37 PM
gold63
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

That's too bad it was sold before you could complete your inspection. Did you ever get additional info? Body number, engine pad and casting dates?

There are 2 '63 FI convertibles offered for sale in the latest NCRS Driveline, both listed with original docs. One is for sale from the original owner!

Syd
Old 02-19-2017, 03:15 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by gold63
That's too bad it was sold before you could complete your inspection. Did you ever get additional info? Body number, engine pad and casting dates?

There are 2 '63 FI convertibles offered for sale in the latest NCRS Driveline, both listed with original docs. One is for sale from the original owner!

Syd
Hi Syd.... no, the dealer never sent me the additional info.

I'll take a look at the ones you mention.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

IMO - you dodged a bullet on that car and didn't even have to fork out the inspection money. I think the seller figured somebody was doing their homework and so maybe best to 'cool' the sale for a while.

The result is you are smarter, you didn't buy a turd and now have some new sources to check out. Its all good, too many folks get "Corvette Fever" and make a poor decision they can't climb out of easily later on.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 AM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
IMO - you dodged a bullet on that car and didn't even have to fork out the inspection money. I think the seller figured somebody was doing their homework and so maybe best to 'cool' the sale for a while.

The result is you are smarter, you didn't buy a turd and now have some new sources to check out. Its all good, too many folks get "Corvette Fever" and make a poor decision they can't climb out of easily later on.
Fully agree Frankie
Old 02-20-2017, 11:02 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

That's like being married to many wife's ,That would drive me crazy trying to spend the attention around finishing them A lot of stress .
I can only handle one at a time more power to yak enjoy

Quick Reply: Hi Neighbors - C2 question