C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Oil sensing line fitting removal - help

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

Default Oil sensing line fitting removal - help

I am replacing the oil pressure gauge sensing line on my 62. Bought the new line and kit from paragon. It comes with the correct fitting for the back of the gauge but the fitting in the block is different. No problem, just remove the fitting and install the new one - However I have tried several different approaches to get the fitting out but no luck. The clearance between the fitting and intake manifold is very small so I can't get a wrench or socket on it. I am sure it will come out relatively easy IF I can just get a hold on it. Any suggestions? I am looking for a VERY thin wall socket, hopefully that will be the solution. Also searching for a ferrule that will fit the line and currently installed female fitting. That too has been an effort in futility.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Tampa Jerry
Le Mans Master

Received 1,327 Likes on 959 Posts

Default Socket

I know what you mean. If you can find a deep thin walled 1/4" socket, that should do the trick. I also have a 3" adjustable wrench that I use for small tight areas. Good luck. Jerry
Old 02-16-2017, 06:36 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

You may have to modify a socket on the grinder.....I have had good luck with flare-nut type crows feet in situations like this, if you have room on one side of the fastener to get it over the fitting. A thin, 12-point box wrench bent at an angle will sometimes get it done, too. I have several of those in my box.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil sensing line fitting removal - help

Quick Reply: Oil sensing line fitting removal - help