C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Telescopic column. What is the correct wiring route for the column?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 12:15 PM
DSR
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 93 Posts

Default Telescopic column. What is the correct wiring route for the column?

I have looked in AIM, my service manual & searched on here with no luck. The dash harness comes above the clutch pedal rod that goes through the firewall. . The dash / column harness connector has a molded clip that looks like it would snap into a hole in the column close to the firewall. This works as long as the column is not extended. Then the column is extended the column wiring attached to the turn signal switch is not long enough. Previously I just had the wiring loosely tie wrapped to the steering column with out the dash / column connector snapped in. And the wiring would slide along with the column as it would go in and out. When I rewired the car a couple years ago I did order the signal switch/wiring for a telescopic column. Maybe I got the wrong one. Anyway to tell a non - telescopic signal switch from a telescopic signal switch? How did the factory secure the steering column wiring?
This picture is with the steering wheel pushed in (not extended)
The following users liked this post:
Lola T70 (04-03-2017)

Quick Reply: [C2] Telescopic column. What is the correct wiring route for the column?