C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

62 corvette seat help - Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:07 PM
jcchevy
Pro

Received 248 Likes on 105 Posts

Default 62 corvette seat help - Please

Recently took my seats in to have them covered with new foam and new covers. I had the cushion and back marked for Passenger/driver. When I received them back they were assembled but I am not sure they have correct back with the correct cushion. The backs have a higher corner so it makes sense that the higher corner goes to the inside of the car to follow the curvature of the body. The cushion has a small jut out on one side and the other side is straight. It would seem the small jut out would be to the outside of the car, again to fit around the door opening and straight side would be align with the straight portion of the tunnel? This is not the way they are currently set up so if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

It sounds like you are correct.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:36 PM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 333 Likes on 276 Posts

Can't help you much but when I purchased 62 foam from Al Knoch, I could not tell the right from left it was so sutble. I called Knoch and got the man himself. He said it's stamped on the fu##ing cushing. After explaining to him it's not stamped and sending him pictures (which he could not tell) he said ship the fu##ing things to me and I will mark them. So I did. If anyone of you have talked to Mr Knoch he has a colorful way of talking.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:54 PM
61ratvette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my seats r out .. I just looked at pics of them and u are correct. the straight side goes to the tunnel... but it will fit and work the other way as that is how my car was when I got it... was tuff to adjust seat from center of car.. but as a newbie didn't know better. have recovered seats but have not reinstalled yet.. still playing under dash
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 PM
GEM '62
Drifting

Received 581 Likes on 229 Posts

I always had a big problem with the soft top hitting the outside of the the back, to the point that the vinyl was all torn. When I recovered the seats I found they had been assembled wrong. when I put them together correctly my problem was solved. If you install the seats and the soft top hits the outside corners of the seat back, you will know they are incorrect.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MOXIE62
Can't help you much but when I purchased 62 foam from Al Knoch, I could not tell the right from left it was so sutble. I called Knoch and got the man himself. He said it's stamped on the fu##ing cushing. After explaining to him it's not stamped and sending him pictures (which he could not tell) he said ship the fu##ing things to me and I will mark them. So I did. If anyone of you have talked to Mr Knoch he has a colorful way of talking.
no offense,

It runs in the family..........
Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 PM
61ratvette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gem 62 my seat tops at ends were also all torn from roof, my seat bottoms were reversed on backs.. so hopefully once reinstalled correctly that problem of rubbing will be gone... or just leave the roof down rain or shine..

Get notified of new replies

To 62 corvette seat help - Please

Quick Reply: 62 corvette seat help - Please