C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1958/9 Power Top Relay Amp Rating

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 10:59 AM
wbsearch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1958/9 Power Top Relay Amp Rating

The power top wiring diagram I have shows a circuit breaker for the system, and two 30 amp fuses downstream for the relays.

Does anyone know the value for the main circuit breaker?

I have a 30 amp installed, but it opens at about 3/4 running the top up/down. Since the solenoids have 30 amp fuses, I assume the main breaker for the motor and solenoids must be a higher value?
Old 04-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wbsearch
The power top wiring diagram I have shows a circuit breaker for the system, and two 30 amp fuses downstream for the relays.

Does anyone know the value for the main circuit breaker?

I have a 30 amp installed, but it opens at about 3/4 running the top up/down. Since the solenoids have 30 amp fuses, I assume the main breaker for the motor and solenoids must be a higher value?
I'm not an expert on the power top but I believe that the main CB, the one mounted on the firewall above the heater air intake is a 40A. Others may chime in.

I'm also curious about the two "relays". I know of the deck lid and trunk lid safety cut out switches and the two micro limit switches (the one by the passenger door and the one in the trunk on the driver side), I'm not aware of any relays however. Where are they?
Old 04-22-2017, 01:03 PM
wbsearch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve59
I'm not an expert on the power top but I believe that the main CB, the one mounted on the firewall above the heater air intake is a 40A. Others may chime in.

I'm also curious about the two "relays". I know of the deck lid and trunk lid safety cut out switches and the two micro limit switches (the one by the passenger door and the one in the trunk on the driver side), I'm not aware of any relays however. Where are they?
Sorry for the confusion, I stated relays, but meant solenoids.

I know of one breaker, the main one, and two fuses, shown in the wiring diagram.

Last edited by wbsearch; 04-23-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1958/9 Power Top Relay Amp Rating

Quick Reply: 1958/9 Power Top Relay Amp Rating