C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 03:47 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by 68hemi

Sure there are people that have already responded telling you "don't do it" but are they willing to buy it?
I have one, kinda' sorta' like that 250 hp, three speed. Many say nice car and I ask wanna' buy it?

I've had it for sale for 45 years and no takers.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

I am personally a "as it was built" right down to the bias-ply tires, however that being said I don't feel I have any business in worrying about what you do with your car, regardless of the numbers matching or no hit body or any other special situation.

The fact is I don't own the car and any opinion I may have is Moot. What a person does with his property is his business and his alone, period, any thing else is BS.

Bill
Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM
GTOguy
Race Director

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Pilon
I am personally a "as it was built" right down to the bias-ply tires, however that being said I don't feel I have any business in worrying about what you do with your car, regardless of the numbers matching or no hit body or any other special situation.

The fact is I don't own the car and any opinion I may have is Moot. What a person does with his property is his business and his alone, period, any thing else is BS.

Bill
I agree with this. His car, his decision. But he did ask for opinions, and he got a few, FWIW.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Build your dream, unless you are just in it as an investor type!
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

OK, thanks everyone for your thoughts. It is much appreciated.

I am NOT an "investor type". They have their place in the Corvette world, I am just not one of them.

My reasons for these questions are that I feel like it is time for me to pursue my "bucket list" cars.

I don't intend to own any of them for the rest of my life.

It will be more along the lines of Get it, Play with it until I am tired of it, Sell it, Buy the next bucket list car.

I have one classic that I am keeping. I am finishing the restoration (OK, so someone else is actually doing the work) on a 1956 Bel Air 4 door sedan. My wife and / or children get to deal with that one once I am gone.

The bucket list cars are just that. I have about 10 cars on the list, and figured I would start with a mid year. I have never owned one.

Stay tuned..and thanks again.

Last edited by emccomas; 05-19-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: What to do