C2 Need help - dimensions of slider mounting holes on seat frame?? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C1 & C2 Corvettes
General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help - dimensions of slider mounting holes on seat frame??

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #1
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Default Need help - dimensions of slider mounting holes on seat frame??

Does anyone have the dimensions (or have a seat out of a car right now and could measure) the holes on the bottom of the seat frame where the sliders mount?

I'm looking for the dimensions side to side, front to back, and corner to corner from the center of the holes if at all possible.

I'm working with an aftermarket seat company to see if one of the models they offer can incorporate the factory sliders onto their seat frame so as not to lose any head room when mounting their seats.

If nobody has the dimensions or a seat handy, Ill pull my seat this weekend and measure, I was just hoping someone might have a seat frame readily available.

Thanks!!
FLYNAVY30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
reno stallion
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Does anyone have the dimensions (or have a seat out of a car right now and could measure) the holes on the bottom of the seat frame where the sliders mount?

I'm looking for the dimensions side to side, front to back, and corner to corner from the center of the holes if at all possible.

I'm working with an aftermarket seat company to see if one of the models they offer can incorporate the factory sliders onto their seat frame so as not to lose any head room when mounting their seats.

If nobody has the dimensions or a seat handy, Ill pull my seat this weekend and measure, I was just hoping someone might have a seat frame readily available.

Thanks!!
I have a pair out of a 66 coupe I can measure for you
reno stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
reno stallion
CF Senior Member

Well I have the seats in my garage but not the car and the way the seats mount you would have to measure the floor. the only measurement I can give you is across the front of the seat track which is 15 1/2
Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #4
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Hmmmmm....so are the sliders welded to the bottom of the seat frames? I appreciate the effort...I may just have to pull one of my seats myself.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
reno stallion
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Hmmmmm....so are the sliders welded to the bottom of the seat frames? I appreciate the effort...I may just have to pull one of my seats myself.
Yes it looks like the sliders and seat frame are one. But I would think the bottom part of the sliders could be separated from the seat frame. whats your phone number I will text you a picture
Old 05-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #6
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

585-746-9022....thanks very much!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
Lotsacubes
CF Senior Member

I think my '66 is the same as yours. The sliders, which bolt to the floor, slide in the seat frame tube which is slotted. The sliders come out the back of the frame tube after removing some upholstery and a small plate that closes off the end of the frame tube opening. I removed and lubed my guides or sliders (not sure of the proper name). Be careful because there are springs and bushings that want to jump out. Someone here gave me the tip to loosen the rear brackets a bunch to help seat removal and install. There's a excellent step by step thread with lots of pics on taking seat tracks apart. Mine was not fun at all. Hopefully someone will post that thread. I rebuilt my tracks because the drivers side rocked badly. Cheers. Enjoyed your tires and wheels thread Navy.
Lotsacubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:47 PM   #8
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Thanks very much!....Thats hugely helpful! So what it comes down to is that there is no good way to reuse the factory seat sliders on an aftermarket seat. What I'll end up doing is sending a diagram of the factory mounting points to the floor to the seat builder, and see if his sliders can be adapted to the Corvette floor. If not, I may be down to just mounting the driver seat rigidly....which is ok too....just gives me an excuse not to let anyone else drive it

I'm glad you enjoyed the wheels/tires threads. I still haven't decided which way I'm going to go on my car. I thought I had decided on a solution, but then found out that the brakes I wanted to use wouldn't clear the 15 inch wheels I wanted to run by less than a quarter of an inch....so now I'm back to the drawing board....First row problems, I know
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • [C2] Need help - dimensions of slider mounting holes on seat frame??
  •