C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Post one pic of your aftermarket fuel injection...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:20 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Stan's Customs
10-4 Bill..
That's what I'm trying to get a handle on.
These knowledgeable EFI guys seem to take pieces from different apps and make them do what ever they want.
Maybe you could get a tip or two from one of them....or maybe someone will chime in.
You've already done the hard part I would think? (probably wasn't the hard part back then though..)
Maybe you could just upgrade to a self learning ecm. Wouldn't you be good to go then, with out breaking the bank?
Stan...
Stan
so far it ain't really broke, but the potential may not be fully unlocked.. but, having an 'orphan' doesn't help... and, all the current systems will also be orphans, sooner than later....

dyno in 2012 with ZZ4 and EFI, at rear wheels...

Bill
Attached Images  

Last edited by wmf62; 07-24-2017 at 12:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stan's Customs (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by wmf62
Stan
so far it ain't really broke, but the potential may not be fully unlocked.. but, having an 'orphan' doesn't help... and, all the current systems will also be orphans, sooner than later....
Bill
........................................ ........................................ ...................

...another factor that LS fans would say make the LS package a no brainer...heh heh!!

Holley and others have been around a long time though...maybe the technology has just about refined itself enough to last as long as internal combustion engine (as we know it anyway)
Or as long as there are custom cars...providing we can still get fuel.

Heck the carburetors may out last the efi's ...lol?
Old 07-24-2017, 03:34 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

........................................ ........................................ ...................

...another factor that LS fans would say make the LS package a no brainer...heh heh!!

Holley and others have been around a long time though...maybe the technology has just about refined itself enough to last as long as internal combustion engine (as we know it anyway)
Or as long as there are custom cars...providing we can still get fuel.

Heck the carburetors may out last the efi's ...lol?
no doubt, carburetors will last and last and last... with less complicated things to turn to sheet...

ACCEL has been around for a lonnng time too, and what i'm using will continue to work until it doesn't work... and i'm not sure that Holley isn't a Johnny Come Lately to the EFI business, but eventually you can count on their stuff being 'orphans', but like mine, it will continue to work until it doesn't work....

Bill
Stan's Customs (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 11:08 PM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,875 Likes on 913 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Jim
Definitely some serious stuff here!
Thanks for the post and the thumbs up for the Holley Dominator fuel injection.
I don't believe there could be a stronger endorsement of any product...or more hands on evidence to support the endorsement.
GREAT..
This is better than any performance magazine "efi shoot out"...the cream seems to naturally rise to the top this way!
Thanks again for the help.
...Stan

By the way.. Do you run an air cleaner on the bottom pictured engine? If so do you have pic of that... I'm referencing any possible issues with hood clearance?

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ .................
I don't think I have any pics handy. What i did was use a drop base air filter from Universal Spinners. When I ran a shorter intake and carb, it would just barely clear. With the taller later intakes, I left the lid off and used a K/N filter that just perfectly fit the gap. It would seal to the hood when shut. In fact it usually would stick to hood when I raised it. I'm sure it wasn't perfectly sealed but worked. But I will admit...this old 540/555 has spent more of it's life running around with no filter than with one. No wear issue so far.

On the turbos I've got two K/N style filters on 90* elbows in the gill area to keep junk out of them.

I did some articles in Corvette Enthusiast on tuning/installing the Holley system. A couple on my car and one on a TBI setup on a 388" '65 convertible. I don't think they're on line anymore though. It's a pretty neat system.

NOTE: Almost forgot to mention...my car has 1" spacers between the body mounts and frame to raise the whole body 1". I did it for hood clearance when I ran a Super Victor intake and Dominator carburetor. Gotta be a little sneaky!

JIM

Last edited by 427Hotrod; 07-24-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 427Hotrod
I don't think I have any pics handy. What i did was use a drop base air filter from Universal Spinners. When I ran a shorter intake and carb, it would just barely clear. With the taller later intakes, I left the lid off and used a K/N filter that just perfectly fit the gap. It would seal to the hood when shut. In fact it usually would stick to hood when I raised it. I'm sure it wasn't perfectly sealed but worked. But I will admit...this old 540/555 has spent more of it's life running around with no filter than with one. No wear issue so far.

On the turbos I've got two K/N style filters on 90* elbows in the gill area to keep junk out of them.

I did some articles in Corvette Enthusiast on tuning/installing the Holley system. A couple on my car and one on a TBI setup on a 388" '65 convertible. I don't think they're on line anymore though. It's a pretty neat system.

NOTE: Almost forgot to mention...my car has 1" spacers between the body mounts and frame to raise the whole body 1". I did it for hood clearance when I ran a Super Victor intake and Dominator carburetor. Gotta be a little sneaky!

JIM
Darn Jim..
Somehow it got past me thru the years that you had done articles in Corvette Enthusiast!
I don't guess you have a stack of extras copies laying around on the Holley Tuning do you. It sounds like that is exactly what I'm trying to bone up on with this thread. I guess I am years behind on that too...as usual..lol.
Good idea on the one inch body shims for hood clearance. I know I already have 2" more than a stock chassis but another inch would make it possible to run a taller intake and a size bigger AFR head on the sbc 427 I'm contemplating...air volume being the biggest problem with deep breathing sbc's due to low hood clearance and poorly flowing short intakes.
Interesting concept using the air cleaner element with no top. A soft foam seal could be adhered to the hood to assure the air cleaner was even better sealed if needed....and still utilize every smidge of the clearance available . Hmmm..interesting.
Thanks for the post...very helpful information.
Best regards...Stan
Old 07-25-2017, 10:22 AM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,875 Likes on 913 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

I did quite a few for Corvette Enthusiast and Auto Enthusiast. All sorts of topics. Since they changed hands all the old stuff is gone now.

PM sent.

JIM
Stan's Customs (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:53 PM
cbernhardt
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 454 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Stan:

If you are considering the Holley system, go to the Holley website and download the V4 software. https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection
Install the software on a computer and you can learn a lot about tuning by just reading the help file.

If you are considering a TBI system, look through the Sniper EFI software also found on the same web page.

Another good source of information is the Holley Forum:
https://forums.holley.com/
I think I downloaded about 40 PDF files when reading posts on this site before I decided on the Dominator system.

Charles
Old 07-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cbernhardt
Stan:

If you are considering the Holley system, go to the Holley website and download the V4 software. https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection
Install the software on a computer and you can learn a lot about tuning by just reading the help file.

If you are considering a TBI system, look through the Sniper EFI software also found on the same web page.

Another good source of information is the Holley Forum:
https://forums.holley.com/
I think I downloaded about 40 PDF files when reading posts on this site before I decided on the Dominator system.

Charles

Allrightey then Charles..

Thanks for the tips...I 'm not surprised that you would have done a bunch of research...you are always very thorough...

I have been waffling back and forth between the Terminator and the Dominator stuff. Just haven't gathered enough information to make a choice yet.

...and hood clearance makes a difference on the Terminator in particulator...and the Dominator to a lesser degree.

Thanks again ...Stan
Old 07-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 427Hotrod
I did quite a few for Corvette Enthusiast and Auto Enthusiast. All sorts of topics. Since they changed hands all the old stuff is gone now.

PM sent.

JIM
Hey Jim thanks...got the info.
Best regards...Stan
Old 07-25-2017, 05:52 PM
RJ1
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

Name:  267479_10150266603364857_354284719856_7146061_8351425_n.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  268899_10150266600629857_354284719856_7146027_5343755_n.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  61.1 KB

This is Mass Flo seq port EFI self learning. Been perfect since install in 2011. GM MAF with Ford ECU.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Stan's Customs
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=
This is Mass Flo seq port EFI self learning. Been perfect since install in 2011. GM MAF with Ford ECU.[/QUOTE]

That's not a combination you hear about everyday. Did you configure it ..?
No issues since 2011 either...now were talkin..good job!
Thanks...Stan
Old 07-26-2017, 08:34 AM
RJ1
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

That's not a combination you hear about everyday. Did you configure it ..?
No issues since 2011 either...now were talkin..good job!
Thanks...Stan
Stan it was a small company owned by the guy that designed the system. He was great to work with since he personally did tech support. Gave him the engine specs and he programs the ECU. I think that the system has been around since 2005. It is currently known as Pro-M EFI and is now offers an upgraded system that allows for tuning. I think two companies merged. But the original designer Chris is still running the company.
Stan's Customs (07-26-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 07:59 AM
DNLYO
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Enderle BBC EFI conversion F.A.S.T sportsman ECU

This was a long process, and a lot of thought, but now worth it, runs great, Throttle response is awesome, runs better than the fast EZ 2.0 throttle body I took off to do this. Had to learn to tune in myself, but now worth the effort. very drive-able.
Attached Images     
RJ1 (10-03-2017)

Quick Reply: Post one pic of your aftermarket fuel injection...