C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

63 minus the TBI

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 07:02 PM
mrtexas
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Default 63 minus the TBI

Well I tried to sell my body on restored 63 verte last year and got some negative comments on the TBI I had put in it. One guy said it was a warmed over resto-mod. The TBI was indeed a tangle of wires, still a few to disconnect. I installed a fuel pump in the gas tank but that is being disconnected as well as it puts up too much pressure. I had sold my old worn out AFB carburetor but got lucky and found a rebuilt one for the same $300! Wish I had kept track better of the various carburetor fittings I'm now having to replace! Still has the 5spd, vintage air, rack and pinion and disc brakes. 5 antique cars and 3 bendpak lifts is just too many to keep all running even though I am retired. I must thin the herd. Down to 4 now(sold 2 and bought 1), Model As out the door (that 28 roadster pickup sure was cute but Model A guys sure are cheap took over a year to sell even though it was the cheapest fully restored one on the market), but 2 is the target(I must be a Ford woodie guy because I have a 36, 41, and 49 and one corvette. Going to Wavecrest next month.)

Last edited by mrtexas; 08-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtexas
Well I tried to sell my body on restored 63 verte last year and got some negative comments on the TBI I had put in it. One guy said it was a warmed over resto-mod. The TBI was indeed a tangle of wires, still a few to disconnect. I installed a fuel pump in the gas tank but that is being disconnected as well as it puts up too much pressure. I had sold my old worn out AFB carburetor but got lucky and found a rebuilt one for the same $300! Wish I had kept track better of the various carburetor fittings I'm now having to replace! Still has the 5spd, vintage air, rack and pinion and disc brakes. 5 antique cars and 3 bendpak lifts is just too many to keep all running even though I am retired. I must thin the herd. Down to 4 now(sold 2 and bought 1), Model As out the door (that 28 roadster pickup sure was cute but Model A guys sure are cheap took over a year to sell even though it was the cheapest fully restored one on the market), but 2 is the target(I must be a Ford woodie guy because I have a 36, 41, and 49 and one corvette. Going to Wavecrest next month.)

I don't see why the guy should get cranked up about the TBI considering all the other changes that have been made to the car.

If he is looking for an original car he missed the boat on this one, if it was advertised as being original I think he was being really kind just calling it a "warmed over restomod".

I have no call what a person does to his own property but when all the "upgrades" have been done being original is pretty well gone, kind of like a virgin with 3 kids.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
wmf62 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 12:46 AM
SI67
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

What brand TBI were you using on it, and how well did it work for you?

Get notified of new replies

To 63 minus the TBI

Quick Reply: 63 minus the TBI