C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

(@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES 8/25 all WEEKEND! (@Y@)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Crowd Plow For Now

Default (@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES 8/25 all WEEKEND! (@Y@)

to all of ya down in Texas on the gulf coast - be careful. Harvey looks mean. We are thinking of ya all.

Let's start out with the borrowed GIFs......

Old 08-24-2017, 10:32 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

My boss arrived at work in a brand-new Lamborghini.
I said, "Wow, that's an amazing car!"
He replied, "If you work hard, put all your hours in, and strive for excellence, I'll get another one next year".

What's the difference between
arguing with a knife and arguing with your girlfriend?
The knife has a point.

An easier question

Bob had finally made it to the last round of the $64,000 Question. The night before the big question, he told the M.C. that he desired a question on American History.
The big night had arrived. Bob made his way on stage in front of the studio and TV audience. He had become the talk of the week. He was the best guest this show had ever seen. The M.C. stepped up to the mic.
"Bob, you have chosen American History as your final question. You know that if you correctly answer this question, you will walk away $64,000 dollars richer. Are you ready?"
Bob nodded with a cocky confidence-the crowd went nuts. He hadn't missed a question all week.
"Bob, your question on American History is a two-part question. As you know, you may answer either part first. As a rule, the second half of the question is always easier. Which part would you like to take a stab at first?"
Bob was now becoming more noticeably nervous. He couldn't believe it, but he was drawing a blank. American History was his easiest subject, but he played it safe.
"I'll try the easier part first."
The M.C. nodded approvingly. "Here we go Bob. I will ask you the second half first, then the first half."
The audience silenced with gross anticipation...
"Bob, here is your question: And in what year did it happen?"

A man's wife is diagnosed with terminal cancer. The doctor tells her she doesn't have long. The husband is devastated.
On the way home the husband asks his wife if there is anything he can do for her, a fantasy she's never had fulfilled.
So the wife says, "Well, I've never had cunnilingus. I think I'd like to try that."
So the husband goes down on his wife everyday between the day of her diagnosis and her next appointment. She seems to be getting stronger and healthier with each passing day.
At her next appointment the doctor informs them that she is totally cured of cancer. He asks her what they did to make this happen. So she tells him about how her husband did that for her everyday.
The doctor is absolutely amazed and informs her that she'll live a long and healthy life.
The husband starts crying and his wife asks him if they're tears of joy. He says that they're not, they're tears of sorrow.
The doctor asks why and the husband replies, "I could have saved my mother."

If you ********** after smoking marijuana....
Is it high-jacking or weed-whacking?

Who is the creator of the universe?
Josey wasn't the best pupil at Sunday school. She often fell asleep and one day while she was sleeping, the teacher asked her a question. "Who is the creator of the universe?" Joe was sitting next to Josey and decided to poke her with a pin to wake her up. Josey jumped and yelled, "God almighty!" The teacher congratulated her. A little later the teacher asked her another question, "Tell me who is our lord and savior?" Joe poked Josey again and she yelled out, "Jesus Christ!" The teacher congratulated her again. Later on the teacher asked, "What did Eve say to Adam after their 26th child?" Joe poked Josey again and she shouted, "If you stick that thing in me again, I'll snap it in half and stick it up your ***!

An Italian, a German, and a Brit get captured by the enemy...

Every night a guard would take them one at a time out of their cell and into the interrogation room, tie them up, and torture them to try to get information.
The Brit caved after the first night, the German caved after the second night. The Italian had lasted 7 days and still hadn't said a word. They asked him "hey guy, why don't you just tell them something so this can all be over for you?"
The Italian responded "how do they expect me to talk with my hands tied behind my back?"

OLD Ads......... and many are worried about Confederate Statues....

Old 08-24-2017, 10:46 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

If you're not familiar with the work of Steven Wright, he's the famous erudite scientist who once said: "I woke up one morning, and all of my stuff had been stolen and replaced by exact duplicates".

His mind sees things differently than most of us do. Here are some of his gems:

1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.

3 - Half the people you know are below average.

4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

8 - If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.

9 - All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend... But she left me before we met.

12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?

13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.

19 - I intend to live forever... So far, so good.

20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

23- My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?

25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.

29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.

30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.

33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have any film.

And an all-time favorite.....

34 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?

Would you believe the email spell checker did not recognize the word, Murgatroyd? Lost Words from our childhood: Words gone as fast as the buggy whip! Sad really!

The other day a not so elderly (65) (I say 75) lady said something to her son about driving a Jalopy and he looked at her quizzically and said, “What the heck is a Jalopy?” OMG (new) phrase! He never heard of the word jalopy!! She knew she was old but not that old.

Well, I hope you are Hunky Dory after you read this and chuckle.

About a month ago, I illuminated some old expressions that have become obsolete because of the inexorable march of technology. These phrases included “Don’t touch that dial,” “Carbon copy,” “You sound like a broken record” and “Hung out to dry.” Back in the olden days we had a lot of moxie. We’d put on our best bib and tucker to straighten up and fly right.

Heavens to Betsy!
Gee whillikers!
Jumping Jehoshaphat!
Holy Moley!

We were in like Flynn and living the life of Riley, and even a regular guy couldn’t accuse us of being a knucklehead, a nincompoop or a pill. Not for all the tea in China!

Back in the olden days, life used to be swell, but when’s the last time anything was swell?

Swell has gone the way of beehives, pageboys, and the D.A.; of spats, knickers, fedoras, poodle skirts, saddle shoes and pedal pushers.

Oh, my aching back. Kilroy was here, but he isn’t anymore.

We wake up from what surely has been just a short nap, and before we can say, well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle!

Or, This is a fine kettle of fish! We discover that the words we grew up with, the words that seemed omnipresent, as oxygen, have vanished with scarcely a notice from our tongues and our pens and our keyboards.

Poof, go the words of our youth, the words we’ve left behind We blink, and they’re gone. Where have all those phrases gone?

Long gone: Pshaw, The milkman did it.
Hey! It’s your nickel.
Don’t forget to pull the chain.
Knee high to a grasshopper.
Well, Fiddlesticks!
Going like sixty.
I’ll see you in the funny papers.
Don’t take any wooden nickels.

It turns out there are more of these lost words and expressions than Carter has liver pills. This can be disturbing stuff!

We of a certain age have been blessed to live in changeable times. For a child, each new word is like a shiny toy, a toy that has no age. We at the other end of the chronological arc have the advantage of remembering there are words that once did not exist and there were words that once strutted their hour upon the earthly stage and now are heard no more, except in our collective memory. It’s one of the greatest advantages of aging.

See ya later, alligator!

After a while crocodile!!!!

One Liner's

Just read that 4,153,237 people got married last year, not to cause any trouble but shouldn't that be an even number?

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they would eventually find me attractive.

I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

When wearing a bikini, women reveal 90% of their body... men are so polite they only look at the covered parts.

A recent study has found that woman who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.

Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote.

You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That's your common sense leaving your body.

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that.

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

Money talks ...but all mine ever says is good-bye.

You're not fat, you're just... easier to see.

If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

I can’t understand why women are okay that JC Penny has an older women’s clothing line named, “Sag Harbor.”

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I’m pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I’m worried about the 175 pounds I’ve gained since then.

Denny’s has a slogan, “If it’s your birthday, the meal is on us.” If you’re in Denny’s and it’s your birthday, your life sucks!

The pharmacist asked me my birth date again today. I’m pretty sure she’s going to get me something.

On average, an American man will have sex two to three times a week Whereas, a Japanese man will have sex only one or two times a year. This is very upsetting news to me. I had no idea I was Japanese.

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can be in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.

I think it's pretty cool how Chinese people made a language entirely out of tattoos.

Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch!

The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.

ATTENTION:
Please DO NOT
– I repeat....
DO NOT use the $1 – $2 – $50 or the $100 bills.
They have pictures of former slave owners on them! Send them all to me, and I will dispose of them properly!
DO NOT just throw them away.
Thank you for your cooperation.

NOAH, CIRCA 2017

In the year 2017, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in America and said:
"Once again, the earth has become wicked and over -populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me."
"Build another ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans."He gave Noah the blueprints, saying:
"You have 6 months to build the ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights."

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but no ark.
"Noah!," He roared, "I'm about to start the rain!
Where is the ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah, "but things have changed."
"I needed a building permit."

"I've been arguing with the boat inspector about the need for a sprinkler system."

"My neighbors claim that I've violated the neighborhood by-laws by building the ark in my back yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to the local Planning Committee for a decision."

"Then the local Council and the electric company demanded a shed load of money for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the ark's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear none of it."

"Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the Greater Spotted Barn Owl."
"I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!"

"When I started gathering the animals the ASPCA took me to court. They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodations were too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space."

"Then the Environmental Protection Agency ruled that I couldn't build the ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood."

"I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew."

"The Immigration Dept. is checking the visa status of most of the people who want to work."

"The trade unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have to hire only Union workers with ark-building experience."

"To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species."

"So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this ark."

"Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky."

Noah looked up in wonder and asked,

"You mean you're not going to destroy the world?" ;
"No," said the Lord.
"The Government beat me to it."

Amazon and AARP partnered….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvT_...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-24-2017, 10:49 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

NEWS OF THE WEEK

Old 08-24-2017, 11:30 PM
427 Z
Tijuana Event Coordinator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Is that your whole posting history?
Old 08-24-2017, 11:36 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

Originally Posted by 427 Z
Is that your whole posting history?
Just what i collected this week Terry. Kermie and I split this long standing thread every other week now

If you have something to post - throw it up!

Last edited by MAD IN NC; 08-24-2017 at 11:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MAD IN NC:
Kerrmudgeon (08-25-2017), steampunk c1 (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:59 AM
stellar
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

A couple more old sayings. Don't get your booby caught in a wringer. Put the wood in the hole (close the door)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 AM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Wow have things changed since the days of James Bond and Mclintock movies...
Old 08-25-2017, 11:19 AM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Received 4,583 Likes on 2,157 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Good morning gang! it's nice to have a morning off every other week. Thanks Mike!
________________________________________ ___

Yesterday we lost a very funny guy.....Jay Thomas. He played Carla's husband in Cheers among many other TV and movie roles. He was only 69 years old...

One of his funny stories on Letterman......

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 08-25-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Love this chicken in shoes.....

Coon bath time!

hahahahaha......

YIKES! .....

Old 08-25-2017, 11:31 AM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

You just made my day!
Old 08-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

When you don't speak Engrish.....you may think you're cool wearing these.

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 08-25-2017 at 02:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MAD IN NC (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Eclipse Funnies.......

What's the most famous painting of an eclipse?
The Moona Lisa.

What did the sun bring to the solar eclipse party?
A light snack!

How does the man in the moon cut his hair?
Eclipse it.

What did the sun say when it reappeared after an eclipse?
"Pleased to heat you again."

What kind of underwear should you wear during an eclipse?
Fruit of the Moon!

How do you organize a solar eclipse party?
You planet.

Why didn't the sun go to college?
Because it already had a million degrees!

Have you heard about the restaurant on the moon?
Great food, but no atmosphere.

Why did the teacher bring solar eclipse glasses to school?
She had bright students!

....thanks Bill.
MAD IN NC (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:48 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

Found some fresh Gif's for ya all...

Kerrmudgeon (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:19 PM
skeew
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Kids with not so funny shirts is in bad taste..You sicko
Old 08-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

The Tell-Tale Sign.....

A bank clerk is talking with her colleague. 'I think now-a-days my beauty has been decreasing.'
'Why do you think that?' asked the colleague.
'The men who are withdrawing cash at my counter are actually counting their money.'

'

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time, and this should help get you started.
During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the director what the criterion was that defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.
"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."
"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."
"No," said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a room with or without a view?"

Pay for the Food.....

There was a poor old Irish cobbler whose shop was next door to a very upscale French restaurant.

Every day at lunch time, Mike, the Irish gent, would go out the back of his shop and eat his soda bread and maybe a kipper or piece of Irish blue cheese while smelling the wonderful odors coming from the restaurant's kitchen.

One morning, the Irishman was surprised to receive an invoice in the mail from the adjoining restaurant for “enjoyment of food”

Mystified, he marched right over to the restaurant to point out that he had not bought a thing from them.

The manager said, “You're enjoying our food, so you should pay us for it.” The Irishman refused to pay and the restaurant took him to court.

At the hearing, the judge asked the restaurant to present their side of the case. The manager said, “Every day, this man comes and sits outside our kitchen and smells our food while eating his. It is clear that we are providing added value to his poor food and we deserve to be compensated for it.”

The judge turned to Mike and said, “What do you have to say to that?” The old Irishman didn't say a thing but smiled and stuck his hand in his pocket and rattled the few coins he had inside.

The judge asked him, “What is the meaning of that?” The Irishman replied with a mile wide grin, – “I'm paying for the smell of his food with the sound of my money.”

Gators gone?

While sports fishing off the Florida coast, a tourist capsized his boat. He could swim, but his fear of alligators kept him clinging to the overturned craft.

Spotting an old beachcomber standing on the shore, the tourist shouted, "are there any gators around here?!"

"Naw," the man hollered back, "Ain't been any for years!"

Feeling safe, the tourist started swimming toward the shore. About halfway there he asked the guy, "How'd you get rid of the gators?"

"We didn't do nothin'," the beachcomber said. "The sharks got 'em."

Three explorers.....

Three explorers became lost in the jungle and wandered for days with no food and little water...
One day, just as they were finally about to give up, they crawled into a clearing and there right in front of them stood a Cannibal's Restaurant.
Out front near the entrance was a large menu board. With the little energy they had left, they dragged themselves across the clearing and looked up to see the following menu:
"Par boiled Priest $12.00
Roast Lion Hunter $14.00
Steamed Politician $198.50"
They struggled into the establishment, dragged themselves to a table, and a waiter came to take their order. Before they ordered,one of the explorers asked the waiter, "Can you help me understand your menu? The first two items are priced about the same, but the third item, the politician, is priced so much higher. Why is that?"
"Are you kidding?" replied the waiter. "Did you ever try to CLEAN one of those suckers?"

Old 08-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by skeew
Let's see....99% of us think it's funny, so we should take it down to appease you?......go tear down a statue or something.

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 08-25-2017 at 10:30 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Kerrmudgeon:
DomL64 (08-26-2017), Kelley (08-27-2017), Shultzie (08-28-2017), tuxnharley (08-26-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To (@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES 8/25 all WEEKEND! (@Y@)

Old 08-25-2017, 10:29 PM
MAD IN NC
Team Owner

Crowd Plow For Now

Originally Posted by skeew
Tell that to their parents n00b. It's the WWW. STFU
Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

Last edited by Kerrmudgeon; 08-25-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Kerrmudgeon
Race Director

steampunk c1 (08-27-2017)

Quick Reply: (@Y@) FRIDAY FUNNIES 8/25 all WEEKEND! (@Y@)