C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Sun visor screw placement

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:17 PM
SSG26K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Sun visor screw placement

I purchased new visors for my '65 coupe. The hardware came with 4 sets of screws and washers. The visors don't have any holes to install the screws. My question is; is there a set distance from the ends to make holes? Do these screws go through some kind of clamp inside the visor? All I could see inside was what looked like a metal tube to insert the outer mounting pivot rods to. I don't have any old visors to compare with. Any help or diagram reference would be appreciated. Thanks.
Steve
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 AM
VetteJohn
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Need picture

I see no one has responded so I'll see if I can help. The screw/nut goes through the visor and applies resistance to the pivot so the visor doesn't flop around. I'm not home or I'd post a picture. If no one jumps in I'll post one tonight.
The following users liked this post:
SSG26K (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 10:32 AM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Here is a pic of mine. I can't say if they are all like this, but the way the pins are made it makes sense to be as close to the edge as possible. I would think the metal tube inside already has the hole in it.

Last edited by KC John; 09-15-2017 at 10:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SSG26K (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 07:48 PM
SSG26K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VetteJohn & KCJohn I thank you both for your help. There are two ears with holes on the bottom side of the pivot rod retainer about a half inch from the end. Using a mag-lite I was able to see inside and find the pass through holes. I used a very fine sewing needle to pass through the visor covering and both holes. Then I opened up the holes with an awl. After that I used a drill about .002" larger than the hardware screws to remove any excess padding material and allow the screws to pass through without any issues.(screws were a very tight fit so I drilled the holes out) It was a little difficult getting the screws to align but all worked out well in the end. Again thank you for your help.
Steve
Old 09-16-2017, 11:31 AM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

No problem, I'm glad it helped.

Get notified of new replies

To Sun visor screw placement

Quick Reply: [C2] Sun visor screw placement