C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

GREAT Peter Brock Article:

Old 09-15-2017, 12:36 AM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Default GREAT Peter Brock Article:

Got this today in an e-mail from a buddy - great article:
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...f%20all%20time

I also really like his take on employment & co-workers:

How have you maintained your reputation as an all-around good guy while working with so many legendary egos in the automotive and racing worlds?

I just like working with good people, and I have tremendous amount of respect for all the people who work with me and for me. It would be stupid to try to elevate myself above people who are better than me. It’s the collective knowledge and experience of all the people around you that make you great. The minute you start thinking that those people don’t matter, you’re not going to exist any longer. This keeps the team together because you have the respect that gives a team its cohesiveness and allows them to put out the best work. You have to allow people to do what they think is the best, and you can’t micromanage everything because everybody has their own experience.

Then, sometimes, you just have to take all that experience and make a decision. Hopefully you make the right one. Again, it’s just having a respect for the people you work with.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Geary (09-15-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GREAT Peter Brock Article: