C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 trends

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Sniper168gr
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JackTripper
I am 40, so I am considered young for this group. I have no desire to own a restomod. If I wanted my C2 to drive like a new car, I would just buy another new car. I personally think C2 restomods look silly. There is nothing that replace the originally of a correctly well restored C2..
Just a matter of taste in my opinion and the extent of modification of a resto-mod. Some a nice and tastefully done; others are just over the top.

Just another example... met a guy with a 1960 Fulie and he has about $120k into the car. Looking to sell it so he put the money into... you got it, a resto-mod of the same year 1960. Trend is shifting to resto-mod based upon what I have seen locally here in NC.

No matter what it keeps the hobby alive and well, by feeding interest in our beloved C2 line. Picture of my resto mod below. Notice how the strip extends through the rear windshield!

Last edited by Sniper168gr; 10-05-2017 at 09:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Loren Smith (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniper168gr
Just a matter of taste in my opinion and the extent of modification of a resto-mod. Some a nice and tastefully done; others are just over the top.

Just another example... met a guy with a 1960 Fulie and he has about $120k into the car. Looking to sell it so he put the money into... you got it, a resto-mod of the same year 1960. Trend is shifting to resto-mod based upon what I have seen locally here in NC.

No matter what it keeps the hobby alive and well, by feeding interest in our beloved C2 line. Picture of my resto mod below. Notice how the strip extends through the rear windshield!

very nice car love the paint and the 6 tail lights
The following users liked this post:
Sniper168gr (10-06-2017)

Quick Reply: C2 trends