C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

clutch and brake firewall bracket..Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 AM
20round
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
Default clutch and brake firewall bracket..Q

ok, i am going through my parts too put together my pedal asem. i screwed up and tossed it all into a crate with other asem. i know the power brake pedal asem only has 2 bolts holding it too the firewall. and the booster has studs with nuts on the inside. i know the brake pedal has the extra tab bracket mounted on it too hit the brake switch. i got all that.

Q-1, i looked at the AIM and there is no directions on weather there is a spring still on the brake pedal, like the none power does. should there be?
Q-2 is the firewall PB mount the same as a none power brake mount, just the bottom studs knocked out?

give me your thoughts guys ...thanks troy
Old 09-23-2017, 11:47 AM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by 20round

Q-1, i looked at the AIM and there is no directions on weather there is a spring still on the brake pedal, like the none power does. should there be?
Q-2 is the firewall PB mount the same as a none power brake mount, just the bottom studs knocked out?

give me your thoughts guys ...thanks troy
1. J50 power brake cars don't use the brake pedal return spring shown in UPC 5 on manual brakes - that return function is handled internally in the booster with power brakes.

2. Yes. The bottom pair of pressed-in splined 3/8"-16 mounting studs on the manual brake pedal support bracket need to be knocked out so the two studs on the booster can go through those holes and get nuts from the inside. In production, the pedal support for power brake cars came to the plant under a different part number, without those two studs.
The following users liked this post:
20round (09-23-2017)

Quick Reply: clutch and brake firewall bracket..Q