C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Corvette Expo- Loudon TN- anyone attending?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:02 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Default Corvette Expo- Loudon TN- anyone attending?

if anyone is going to the show tomorrow (Saturday), PM me. I'll be there AND you'll get a bonus chance to meet MarkC! What could be better?!

I'm taking the '69 up to put it in the car corral (for sale).

I haven't been to Expo since it was in Knoxville - almost 16 years or so ago. And two moves of venue. Hope it's surviving.

Benton
Old 10-20-2017, 07:08 PM
blue_74
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When was it last in Knoxville? I went around 2009 and it seems like it was in Sevierville that year. It may be just me, but it seemed like the Knoxville show was a lot bigger than the Sevierville one.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:37 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by blue_74
When was it last in Knoxville? I went around 2009 and it seems like it was in Sevierville that year. It may be just me, but it seemed like the Knoxville show was a lot bigger than the Sevierville one.
i don't know when it left the fairgrounds but it was in Knoxville at least around 2001/2002. Back in those days I was in college and had the first of my '69 coupes...and we didn't get as many parts from the Internet so the swap meet was a big deal.

I hope the turnout is decent.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:02 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

See you there.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:55 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MarkC
See you there.
it was great to see you there, Mark!

starting a small photo thread.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:35 PM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,020 Likes on 680 Posts

I recall Corvette Expo at the fairgrounds. Must have been as far back as 1977 or so. It was a big deal back then plus I lived a lot closer in NW Ala. As you stated, no internet back then so everyone was looking for parts!
Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
if anyone is going to the show tomorrow (Saturday), PM me. I'll be there AND you'll get a bonus chance to meet MarkC! What could be better?!

I'm taking the '69 up to put it in the car corral (for sale).

I haven't been to Expo since it was in Knoxville - almost 16 years or so ago. And two moves of venue. Hope it's surviving.

Benton
Benton I am shocked about you putting your beautiful 69 up for sale. Did you buy another one to replace it?

Jay
Old 10-21-2017, 10:31 PM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by deejaydu
Benton I am shocked about you putting your beautiful 69 up for sale. Did you buy another one to replace it?

Jay
You know, Jay- I do have a love of 68-72 cars, and the white red car was really nicely optioned and a treat to own. It came to me out of the blue when an estate was being settled.

It sold at expo in one of those transactions that seems to be a really solid deal for all involved- which is a good feeling. It's going to a good home.

I ran into a real space crunch when I bought the fastback mustang on Labor Day weekend. As much as I hated to sell anything the mustang is SO solid and just an itch I need to scratch. Julie has been parking outside since I bought the third classic and so I had to make a tough call.

I'm thinking short term I'll stack the 64 and the mustang on a four post so I don't have to rely on my older neighbors garage for one (though she's gracious). Maybe in the spring I'll add a third Bay which is the real solution

also with two little kids- trying to maintain and enjoy and exercise three classics made my head spin.

in all likelihood my next c3 bumper car will be a project convertible I can do in blue and go LS power and stock appearance. I'll want to paint again.

Benton

Last edited by ChattanoogaJSB; 10-21-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:49 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
You know, Jay- I do have a love of 68-72 cars, and the white red car was really nicely optioned and a treat to own. It came to me out of the blue when an estate was being settled.

It sold at expo in one of those transactions that seems to be a really solid deal for all involved- which is a good feeling. It's going to a good home.

I ran into a real space crunch when I bought the fastback mustang on Labor Day weekend. As much as I hated to sell anything the mustang is SO solid and just an itch I need to scratch. Julie has been parking outside since I bought the third classic and so I had to make a tough call.

I'm thinking short term I'll stack the 64 and the mustang on a four post so I don't have to rely on my older neighbors garage for one (though she's gracious). Maybe in the spring I'll add a third Bay which is the real solution

also with two little kids- trying to maintain and enjoy and exercise three classics made my head spin.

in all likelihood my next c3 bumper car will be a project convertible I can do in blue and go LS power and stock appearance. I'll want to paint again.

Benton
Sounds like a solid plan Benton. I just knew that you said that you were very happy with 69. Congrats to all involved.

Jay

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Expo- Loudon TN- anyone attending?

Quick Reply: Corvette Expo- Loudon TN- anyone attending?