C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Drum to disc front dust shield question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 PM
angelob
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drum to disc front dust shield question.

Doing a drum to disc front brake conversion on my 64 and I cannot find any information about using a back dust shield. The kit I have uses the original front spindles and just adds the adapter brackets, rotor/hub assy and Willwood calipers. No mention of dust shield.

Is there one available? Can the normal 65 and up shield work?

Thanks for any info, would like to put together when I get back from Lakeland if I get lucky and find parts....
Old 01-12-2018, 07:43 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,613 Likes on 1,336 Posts

I have built some 63-64 front conversions in the past. I don't recall the Wildwood part number but it was not their corvette caliper since those weren't on the market yet. I recall having to fit the brackets but used the original backing plates.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Shift_Happens
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 47 Posts

I just converted my 63 to front disk brakes. I used stock 69 spindles, with new rotors, calipers and bearings. I just went on CA and ordered 69 backing plates. Fit perfect.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 AM
angelob
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to use my original spindles if possible. Trying to stop buying parts multiple times on this project ...... only been creaping along for over a decade.
wondering if 65 and up dust shields will fit withe the conversion brackets. Sometimes I hate hindsight....
thx
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 AM
Shift_Happens
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by angelob
Trying to use my original spindles if possible. Trying to stop buying parts multiple times on this project ...... only been creaping along for over a decade.
wondering if 65 and up dust shields will fit withe the conversion brackets. Sometimes I hate hindsight....
thx
When ordering the new shields from CA I learned there are many different styles/configs of shields. I would contact Wilwood with that question.

Get notified of new replies

To Drum to disc front dust shield question.

Quick Reply: Drum to disc front dust shield question.