C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

4th edition 67 judging guide LOL!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 02:08 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

Originally Posted by Critter1
Loren Lundberg always tells it like it is. He's been booted off that board a few times too.
Is he still calling for a recount on the books?
Old 02-13-2018, 02:29 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeM
Is he still calling for a recount on the books?
He, and many others, have been asking for an independent audit of the NCRS financials for decades.

Not a snowball's chance in hell it will happen any time soon.

It isn't that there is a specific concern of impropriety; it is more because it has never been done (to my knowledge). NCRS has millions of dollars (literally) flowing through the organization, a non-profit organization.

Last edited by emccomas; 02-13-2018 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by jv04
He, and many others, have been asking for an independent audit of the NCRS financials for decades.

Not a snowball's chance in hell it will happen any time soon.

It isn't that there is a specific concern of impropriety; it is more because it has never been done (to my knowledge). NCRS has millions of dollars (literally) flowing through the organization, a non-profit organization..
Most no profits spend 88% of the intake on "administrative fees" one of the reasons I am very selective to who I contribute to. There is way too much money flowing through NCRS for the size of membership and organization and there should be an accounting for it. Certainly there is some type of policing body that should be alerted to this.

Last edited by 68hemi; 02-13-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:57 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 68hemi
Most no profits spend 88% of the intake on "administrative fees" one of the reasons I am very selective to who I contribute to. There is way too much money flowing through NCRS for the size of membership and organization and there should be an accounting for it. Certainly there is some type of policing body that should be alerted to this.
Nope, I looked for one many years ago. This is not specifically regulated. It only becomes an issue when a complaint is filed against the non-profit.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:03 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Nope, I looked for one many years ago. This is not specifically regulated. It only becomes an issue when a complaint is filed against the non-profit.
Well????
Old 02-13-2018, 03:09 PM
pop23235
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 683 Posts

Reference Freddie The Fink's last post:
There in lies the reason many of us raise an eyebrow to NCRS. I've been in this hobby before NCRS was formed and while they do offer great information, they are just as adamant about their correct and incorrect information, yet they keep changing without really changing (churn for publication revenue?). Would recommend they publish one time stating what they really know to be factual and those items noted that it's their best guess, but that ain't gonna happen. Sometimes us old farts know we are correct and these Johnny-come-latelys aren't quite what they think they are. Nothing like having some 30 year old telling you about your car you've owned for 50 years!

Last edited by pop23235; 02-13-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:17 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by pop23235
There in lies the reason many of us raise an eyebrow to NCRS. I've been in this hobby before NCRS was formed and while they do offer great information, they are just as adamant about their correct and incorrect information, yet they keep changing without really changing (churn for publication revenue?). Would recommend they publish one time stating what they really know to be factual and those items noted that it's their best guess, but that ain't gonna happen. Sometimes us old farts know we are correct and these Johnny-come-latelys aren't quite what they think they are. Nothing like having some 30 year old telling you about your car you've owned for 50 years!
Most of not all the guys in charge of NCRS are well over 60 and counting. And like most over 60 they are dead set in there ways and don’t like change. That is why the 63-64 manual is doomed for a while.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Well????
Well?? What?
There is no specific complaint; at least not one with any evidence behind it.

And I personally don't believe that there is any significant impropriety, but the lack of an independent audit creates the "appearance" of impropriety (in my humble opinion).
Old 02-13-2018, 04:58 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by pop23235
There in lies the reason many of us raise an eyebrow to NCRS. I've been in this hobby before NCRS was formed and while they do offer great information, they are just as adamant about their correct and incorrect information,
I was able to get into used Corvettes a few years before the ncrs was formed. Someone showed me the judging manual for '63's that was current at the time. I saw it, I laughed and said "no thanks" if that'swhat they really thing was the way it was.

I also got turned off by the jerks that tried to blow smoke up my ... about how original and babied and great their cars were because they had the original engine (way before restamps). They'd strut around like a peacock telling you how great their cars were and how much of an expert they were in Corvette knowledge. Most had Corvette jackets with the Corvette logo and the'd turn their collars up and tell you how superior they and their cars were. Still the same deal today. Still don't care for those kind of A/holes.

I'm sure there were some good people that owned Corvettes back then. Just left a bad taste in my mouth and still turned off to this day about those butt heads.

Back then, I drove around in my poverty '56 Bel Air that would blow any of them into the weeds.

Last edited by MikeM; 02-13-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:04 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Well?? What?
There is no specific complaint; at least not one with any evidence behind it.

And I personally don't believe that there is any significant impropriety, but the lack of an independent audit creates the "appearance" of impropriety (in my humble opinion).
Like anything else, if they have nothing to hide they should be open to an audit.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:14 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Like anything else, if they have nothing to hide they should be open to an audit.
If that can of worms was opened, it might be the biggest scandal next to the Clinton/election scandal currently under way. Why did all those top drawer ncrs administrators resign recently?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:23 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Audits (at least independent quality ones) are not cheap.

And these guys do not like the peasants telling them what to do.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:24 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MikeM
If that can of worms was opened, it might be the biggest scandal next to the Clinton/election scandal currently under way. Why did all those top drawer ncrs administrators resign recently?
Good questions Mike
Old 02-16-2018, 09:45 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

If anyone thinks that developing or updating an NCRS Judging Guide is quick or easy, think again. I've been part of the '67 Judging Guide Revision Team since the 4th Edition was released many years ago, and it takes a LOT of hard work, patience, communication skills, co-ordination, and research to create each new Edition. Those names on the Team Listing on the inside cover really made it happen.
The following 2 users liked this post by JohnZ:
1snake (02-17-2018), SWC Tim (02-16-2018)

Quick Reply: 4th edition 67 judging guide LOL!!