C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Routing LS gas pedal, hot, and OBD wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 09:53 PM
vjjack04
Melting Slicks

Received 952 Likes on 473 Posts

Default Routing LS gas pedal, hot, and OBD wires

Guys,
For those of you who have done this, where/how did you route the wiring connectors for the gas, OBD diag, hot wire from the engine compartment to the driver's compartment (i have both the ECM and the fuse box in the engine copartment? Could use advice/perspective on this....best place to make a hole....? Thanks.

Johnny Jackson
Hereford AZ
Old 04-19-2018, 07:25 AM
jfr's 63swc
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by vjjack04
Guys,
For those of you who have done this, where/how did you route the wiring connectors for the gas, OBD diag, hot wire from the engine compartment to the driver's compartment (i have both the ECM and the fuse box in the engine copartment? Could use advice/perspective on this....best place to make a hole....? Thanks.

Johnny Jackson
Hereford AZ
Johnny,

I did not drill any new holes, I used existing holes leftover from either the tach or speedo cables. I had to slightly file one to get either the OBD connector or the throttle connector thru, but the rubber grommet that I put in the hole to protect the wiring covers that completely.

When you get to it, I am curious about your MIL wiring. Does your bulkhead connector have a wire at that pin location? Mine did not, but had a individual wire running with the pink ignition wire and the throttle cable. That wire does not function as I would have thought. So, when you get there, please let me know!

Regards,

Jon
Old 04-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Big Hit
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jfr's 63swc
Johnny,

I did not drill any new holes, I used existing holes leftover from either the tach or speedo cables. I had to slightly file one to get either the OBD connector or the throttle connector thru, but the rubber grommet that I put in the hole to protect the wiring covers that completely.

When you get to it, I am curious about your MIL wiring. Does your bulkhead connector have a wire at that pin location? Mine did not, but had a individual wire running with the pink ignition wire and the throttle cable. That wire does not function as I would have thought. So, when you get there, please let me know!

Regards,

Jon
RE the MIL, not sure if it will help you, I recall it'a a GROUND signal. So you have to provide the LED or Bulb and provide the constant 12V to the bulb and its ground will be triggered at a fault...
The following users liked this post:
jfr's 63swc (04-19-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Routing LS gas pedal, hot, and OBD wires

Quick Reply: Routing LS gas pedal, hot, and OBD wires