C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] anyone want a true barn find?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 12:11 AM
65specialk
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Battery cable.

Went to a car show this weekend and was talking to an old gent that was showing off his 67 Big block car. He said it was just what he has been looking for for years. He traveled to IL to get it. Beautiful job restoring it but you got to wonder what else they cobbled up when you see those $5. Junk quickly battery ends on a car he bought for $75k. Don’t they make repops for just about every classic Chevy. Never fails I see them at every car show . Million dollar car with a 10 cent battery cable.
I like the rag hose holder on this car. That wouldn’t get hot a start a fire would it?

Originally Posted by AZDoug
I am sure thats the battery ground to the intake manifold. Methinks a LOT of free , used parts were used on that car.
Doug
Old 06-26-2018, 08:40 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

That car looks very familiar, like I have seen it on the forum or another site before.

That was my first thought when I saw the first picture, and it felt even more familiar when I saw the engine bay.

Anyone else think they have seen this one before?
Old 06-27-2018, 12:10 PM
benrep
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 51 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I think I see a broom handle??? Just over the pcv valve coming at the camera?

Quick Reply: [C1] anyone want a true barn find?