C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

65 coupe

Old 07-11-2018, 02:36 PM
marksc2
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65 coupe

Has anyone had trouble installing the window channel in the doors of a 65 coupe. This is the piece that goes across top and down the back. I can’t for the life of me get them to snap in properly. I tried Corvette Centrals and Long Island Corvette’s versions. I know CC makes these for other vendors but was told LIC makes their own. The snaps on these channels are in a little different location along the back. I think there are 3 tgat snap into the door frame. I compared the reproduction to my original GM and they are off just a little but that’s enough. CC says they are correct according to their jig. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-11-2018, 03:04 PM
sandymac
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marksc2
Has anyone had trouble installing the window channel in the doors of a 65 coupe. This is the piece that goes across top and down the back. I can’t for the life of me get them to snap in properly. I tried Corvette Centrals and Long Island Corvette’s versions. I know CC makes these for other vendors but was told LIC makes their own. The snaps on these channels are in a little different location along the back. I think there are 3 tgat snap into the door frame. I compared the reproduction to my original GM and they are off just a little but that’s enough. CC says they are correct according to their jig. Any help would be appreciated.
Just went through the same thing. The key is to use a pair of needle nose pliers and squeeze the clips together ( almost closed ) and use a piece of steel about the thickness of the window and gently tap the clips into place
Old 07-11-2018, 03:37 PM
marksc2
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply. I tried squeezing clips together and tapping. I even took some wide jaw vice grip clamps and filled the channel with wood and squeezed it. But it still want go in.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:17 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

I read where using an extension and a hammer on each spot.....that won’t go in.....
Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Get notified of new replies

To 65 coupe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 65 coupe