C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] I must be color blind !

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 04:16 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Default I must be color blind !

I ordered new seat upholstery from Corvette America for my 57 and it looks like the original Venetian Red for 56 and 57 which has a tint of orange . Then I order carpet for 56-57 and matching floor mats with the logo from ACC and they are red with no hint of orange tint . There is supposed to be just one shade of red for 56 and 57 which is code 06 . Is there no quality control for parts and accessories for these older corvettes ? I would hate to be doing one for NCRS judging . What a nightmare !
Old 07-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

You would be happier with a black interior.

Different materials take dye different ways. Red shows it more than the others.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:48 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zoomin
You would be happier with a black interior.

Different materials take dye different ways. Red shows it more than the others.
Been there done that . Had so many black interiors over the years I wanted something different . The original carpet that came out of the car was correct color , why can't ACC get it right ?

Old 07-15-2018, 05:11 PM
midyear
Drifting

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by bj1k
Been there done that . Had so many black interiors over the years I wanted something different . The original carpet that came out of the car was correct color , why can't ACC get it right ?
I have had problems with ACC as well, on my wife's mustang I ordered kick panel carpet and a floor carpet kit. kick panels were right, floors are WRONG....so much so I have not finished the car.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:26 PM
Panama 58
Melting Slicks

Received 611 Likes on 333 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by bj1k
I ordered new seat upholstery from Corvette America for my 57 and it looks like the original Venetian Red for 56 and 57 which has a tint of orange . Then I order carpet for 56-57 and matching floor mats with the logo from ACC and they are red with no hint of orange tint . There is supposed to be just one shade of red for 56 and 57 which is code 06 . Is there no quality control for parts and accessories for these older corvettes ? I would hate to be doing one for NCRS judging . What a nightmare !
I hope you don't have to order door panels too....I would order everything one vendor for matching color purposes. Vendor choice would be Al Knock.

Did you get your trunk weatherstrip installed?
Old 07-15-2018, 08:15 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Panama 58
I hope you don't have to order door panels too....I would order everything one vendor for matching color purposes. Vendor choice would be Al Knock.

Did you get your trunk weatherstrip installed?
I have door panels from Al Knoch and the color does match my seats that I got from Corvette America but as far as fit and quality I will have to get back to you on that . I'm going to install them tomorrow and I can tell you that knoch convertible tops are still junk . I have said that many times on here because it is the only tops that I have used that had problems ( I usually use Robbin's tops ) but I thought I would give them another chance and recently bought a new top from him for my 57 and as usual it was cut too short on the front , so much so that it was 3/8 inch short of wrapping over the front header so I couldn't even get the usual pencil mark on the front lip because there was not enough material I just raised the top enough to staple without marking just to see how tight it was and it was like a drum trying to get it latched . It is so tight that now the pads sag and they were adjusted perfectly with window adjustment . As many corvette tops that I have installed those Knoch tops were the only ones that didn't turn out . I have never had a bad Robbin's top but Robbin's company s customer service is terrible so you have to pick your poison. As for the new Al Knoch top , it is coming back off . Total waste of money unless you just want a top to keep the rain out .

Old 07-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 419 Likes on 246 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I'm only a few months into ownership of a 62, but I've found the differences between the vendors really surprising, whether customer service, pricing or quality of merchandise. I know they can't all manufacturer their own merchandise, so I don't see why there are differences in price and quality. I luckily found the mfg for the correct bumperette kits, that the majority of the vendors sell. Sure, would be nice to have a list of who is the best quality/price in a particular category. Actually, price and customer service come in 2nd, if the merchandise is not top notch.

BH

Get notified of new replies

To I must be color blind !

Quick Reply: [C1] I must be color blind !