C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Goodwood

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Grampy
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Default Goodwood

Even though there no vettes in the field ( there was a Cheetah though, with a Doc L88 twin airvalve FI unit ) this even needs to be on your bucket list. 800 cars/bikes all of them exceptional and you have full access to the cars and teams.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:38 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

Goodwood alone meant nothing to me. I Googled it and I guess you meant Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Interesting, but being held in Great Britian doesn't allow you to drive there for it. Dennis
Old 07-17-2018, 04:48 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 444 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67
Goodwood alone meant nothing to me. I Googled it and I guess you meant Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Interesting, but being held in Great Britian doesn't allow you to drive there for it. Dennis
Goodwood: Festival of speed and Revival. Both are great to watch. I enjoyed watching both of them. Some of the cars brought back memories when I was a kid and watching races.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:02 PM
vjjack04
Melting Slicks

Received 952 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Grampy
Even though there no vettes in the field ( there was a Cheetah though, with a Doc L88 twin airvalve FI unit ) this even needs to be on your bucket list. 800 cars/bikes all of them exceptional and you have full access to the cars and teams.
Did you go? If so, really cool...if not, is it on TV now or this week?
Old 07-17-2018, 10:37 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluestripe67

That's why God made the airplane too!! Europe has some awesome car events and some even better roads to enjoy!! Haven't been to Goodwood yet, but we've hit LeMans and the Isle of Man TT - both awesome events too. Also put about 4,000 miles on a rental car getting lost on the backroads in 5 countries...so a good time can definitely be had in a car over there!!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Grampy
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Just back from Goodwood. It's a great event. There was some TV coverage in England don't know if it will be shown here.

The Isle of Man Classic TT is also on my list . Working on logistics for next year. SonnyAK how did you get lodging during the TT?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:40 PM
vjjack04
Melting Slicks

Received 952 Likes on 473 Posts

Just back from Goodwood. It's a great event. There was some TV coverage in England don't know if it will be shown here.

The Isle of Man Classic TT is also on my list . Working on logistics for next year. SonnyAK how did you get lodging during the TT?
I checked into going to Goodwood with the wife, it looked very expensive to get a nice hotel and be a spectator....where did you stay and what, approximately were your daily costs...?
Old 07-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,547 Likes on 2,794 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

I lived in London for three years from 2003 to 2006. The wife and I never missed the Goodwood FOS. Unlike many vintage events in the US like Limerock over Labor Day, the access to the cars and general laidback atmosphere is refreshing.

I highly recommend all you old farts (young farts, too) put it on your bucket list!
Old 07-19-2018, 07:17 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Start planning now if you're going to try and make it for '19! We started about 8 months out and quickly realized that most of the people make plans for next year, while they're there this year! We sat next to one guy who had been coming over from England every year since 1965 without missing a single one!! I can definitely say it's the single best motoring event that I have ever been to and I've had the pleasure of seeing quite a variety. You quickly realize that not only are you a spectator, but a single wrong move by any rider can quickly put you smack in the middle of it!! Zero safety runoff and buildings/stone walls inches away from the speeding riders makes it really crazy!! We're going back as soon as we can get a plan together - probably '20!!

We stayed at the "glamping" site which consisted of really nice wall tents situated on a soccer field at a school in town. You had access to the shower facilities and food was nearby everywhere. PM me if you want more details and I can get it from my girlfriend since she was the one who made the arrangements for us!

There are a lot of hotels available and the locals rent rooms in their homes too - the chamber of commerce I'm sure would be a good group to speak with about that too.

Getting there can also be tough. We flew into Dublin and then took the ferry over (flights and the ferry book full) so that's something to get planned early too. The ferry also runs to/from Liverpool and we departed that way when we left.

It was all such a great experience and the people/setting was awesome!!

The following users liked this post:
Grampy (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:07 PM
Greg Hollowaty
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Goodwood is the best presentation and assembly of historic racing cars. The Goodwood web site will live web feed of all events. Also you can look up events on u-tube. Wonderful Stuff.

All out racing of big $ cars, no trailer queen's allowed. Photos are of my trip in 2013.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:28 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Great pictures of some incredible cars!! I bet it's a great time for sure!!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Greg Hollowaty
Instructor

Originally Posted by Greg Hollowaty
Goodwood is the best presentation and assembly of historic racing cars. The Goodwood web site will live web feed of all events. Also you can look up events on u-tube. Wonderful Stuff.

All out racing of big $ cars, no trailer queen's allowed. Photos are of my trip in 2013.
This link is a year old of a meeting called The Members Meeting. LOOK for the race with the corvette and the cobras.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:27 AM
Greg Hollowaty
Instructor

SORRY FOR THE WRONG LINK ABOVE This is the one I was looking for and this addition has been shorten but we still have two C2's
https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-...combinations2/

Get notified of new replies

To Goodwood

Quick Reply: Goodwood