C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Air bubble in 1963 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Kie
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

Best of luck with the issue op. As others have said an IR gun would go a long way towards figuring out what the heck is going on. When I was fine tuning my new GM crate motor and playing with different fan switches the gun was invaluable.

The part I really don’t understand is that you live in WA state and only drive your beautiful car a few months a year due to the weather. I was born here 52 years ago and have lived here the entire time. Literally countless collector cars/ motorcycles I have been lucky enough to own and enjoy since the 80’s. All of them I have ridden or driven year round and loved every minute of it.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I just do not understand how the extremely mild PNW weather could ever keep someone from enjoying their pride/joy year round.
The following users liked this post:
ricoman (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:40 PM
sambrand
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Kie
Best of luck with the issue op. As others have said an IR gun would go a long way towards figuring out what the heck is going on. When I was fine tuning my new GM crate motor and playing with different fan switches the gun was invaluable.

The part I really don’t understand is that you live in WA state and only drive your beautiful car a few months a year due to the weather. I was born here 52 years ago and have lived here the entire time. Literally countless collector cars/ motorcycles I have been lucky enough to own and enjoy since the 80’s. All of them I have ridden or driven year round and loved every minute of it.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I just do not understand how the extremely mild PNW weather could ever keep someone from enjoying their pride/joy year round.
takes one near accident and most of us park the baby if its even looks like drizzle rain, some people are great drivers, some think they are great drivers, the rest of us just watch the weather forecasts. props if you drive year round, I personally coulnt bear to have something happen and know it was preventable if I had only parked for the day.
ricoman (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:47 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Not sure why this was in C3.
ricoman (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 01:56 PM
sambrand
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Not sure why this was in C3.
issue was more generic about the cooling system on a replacement engine, I assumed he wanted a larger reader base to help. as most of us are not able to find a good c2 to play with.
ricoman (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 04:01 PM
ricoman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kie

NO WORRIES on the mini-rant...I do that all the time.....and yes...I'm going to get an IR gun....and still going to take some of the suggestions I've received here....#1 being changing my hose....and go from there....
Might not of explained correct...was in my mini-rant...I use car more than a couple of months....usually from April to Oct....but still limited due to fact can only use on weekends,and alot of times other things get in the way....and yes the rain does stop me alot.....Heck,where do you live in WA....I'm in a town named "MOSSY"rock..need I say more..LMAO....I just retired in May,so maybe if I get this problem fixed I can start enjoying more...
George
Old 08-10-2018, 05:45 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Here's the other thread on this:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...in-1963-a.html

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 08-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
ricoman (08-10-2018)

Quick Reply: Air bubble in 1963 Corvette