C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Another Corvette story

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 AM
JF in MI
Drifting
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,300 Likes on 479 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Another Corvette story

Another post got me thinking. About 48 years ago the wife and I had a base 1960 that was in need of restoration. It was a 283 with an automatic. Did all the mechanical repairs on it but being young and just married we really couldn’t afford to do the extensive body restoration on it. Regrettably we had to sell it. I sold it to a guy I knew (he was “wheeling and dealing” in cars at the time) and he sold it to the neighbor of a guy I worked with. He eventually finished the restoration on it and it looked pretty nice. He really loved that car (sent me pictures of it when finished) but his wife started complaining that he was spending too much time with it. Finally she had enough and told him the car has to go or she goes. That left him with no choice so he was forced to…divorce her. Happy ending.

before

after

after
Old 04-15-2019, 09:05 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

He made the right choice . I'll bet she doesn't look as good as that sweet car today .

Quick Reply: Another Corvette story