C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Give me your opinion on this SWC

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Dan Hampton
Le Mans Master

Received 1,728 Likes on 810 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by MikeM
I thought everyone lusted over a '67 435 car. What happened????????????

It is a comfort to me knowing my cars don't have to compete with all these minor details being discussed here that don't mean squat when I'm shining them up or just driving down the road, enjoying. them.

But, I don't own a Lear Jet. Couldn't fly one if I did and I don't have a fat balance sheet to show off to prove I'm not just a tire kicker.

Too much drama for me.

PS. The OEM Riverside Red had a LOT of orange in it.
Amen. The best post of the day.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by Dan Hampton
Amen. The best post of the day.
I enjoyed my somewhat raggedy-azz first-gen Camaros when I didn't have two nickels to rub together; years later I loved my early Mustangs when I was still struggling with a stay-at-home-wife and new baby and enjoy my Corvettes now that I DO have two nickels to rub together...

My enjoyment of the hobby is unrelated to the number of 'nickels' I have....
On the flip side I no longer have to try to save every last penny when I want a car painted or extra nice parts for it...that part IS nice...

I would never have bought my split window at today's prices BTW...

Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Dad's 59
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 435

Originally Posted by MikeM
I thought everyone lusted over a '67 435 car. What happened????????????

It is a comfort to me knowing my cars don't have to compete with all these minor details being discussed here that don't mean squat when I'm shining them up or just driving down the road, enjoying. them.

But, I don't own a Lear Jet. Couldn't fly one if I did and I don't have a fat balance sheet to show off to prove I'm not just a tire kicker.

Too much drama for me.

PS. The OEM Riverside Red had a LOT of orange in it.
It was because the 435 some how all survive more than any other car and it's amazing they all had there documents and tank sticker amazing!!!!!!there are many for sale and there all original!!!!!!🔎🏭 there is 10 of them on ebay when you buy 435 you are just a another guy with original 435 there is hundred's of them! How many spit window fuelie do you see?

​​

Last edited by Dad's 59; 09-21-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:40 PM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

It's always been that way. Nothing has changed.

I remember when '63's were considered ugly, gaudy. Not just coupes. Convertibles too.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:51 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
I enjoyed my somewhat raggedy-azz first-gen Camaros when I didn't have two nickels to rub together; years later I loved my early Mustangs when I was still struggling with a stay-at-home-wife and new baby and enjoy my Corvettes now that I DO have two nickels to rub together...

On the flip side I no longer have to try to save every last penny when I want a car painted or extra nice parts for it...that part IS nice...

I think MOST of us here can relate to that.

The first Corvette I bought in 1969 was a 1958 basket case that had been rode hard and put away wet, in primer, body damage and not running. I paid too much for it at $600. We had no internet in those days to search for or get any idea of what one was worth and living in a small town there were not many to choose from and after all what did an 18 year old kid know. A lot more after I bought my first socket and wrench set with no mechanical knowledge and a year of working on it nearly every night had it done and driving with a total of $2300. in it. How times have changed.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Dan Hampton
Le Mans Master

Received 1,728 Likes on 810 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

$625.00 for my first '57 Corvette (1967). Still looking for another bargain like that.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:37 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink

Well Frankie, now that you can sell your SWC and move right into a 67 BB, would you co sided doing it?

Quick Reply: Give me your opinion on this SWC