C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Installing dash structure (1967)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 03:44 PM
vjjack04
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 471 Posts

Default Installing dash structure (1967)

Guys,
It looks real straight forward, but I haven't done this before...I have new bolts, new rivets, and some semi-perminant adhesive...any points to remember when putting the dash structure back in? (I have the pads already on it). Thanks for any advice from those who've done this.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Its pretty straightforward - I didn't bother to re-epoxy the bottom of the waterfall back to the body as the horseshoe molding on a 63 holds it in just fine - on a 67 ? I can't say... The rivet heads may need to be painted; the color varies by year and color combos so you'll have to check on that....

I don't want to derail your focus but if you haven't already checked and lubed the wiper arms, made sure your firewall insulation is good and checked to make sure your clutch pedal doesn't have any side-to-side movement (broken weld at the top - very common) now is the time to do those things... A good time to sneak some extra sealant under the windshield gasket if you've a mind to.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 09-22-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:02 PM
mark6669
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 128 Posts

Install the glove box frame to stiffen up the dash also install the cluster and the wiring harness.
Mark
Old 09-22-2018, 04:07 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,928 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

its straight forward as others said. I'll go along with servicing the other stuff while your there. its also a good time for project creep with the heater box and heater core. also painting the bird cage with zinc primmer is a good idea to spruce things up
Old 09-22-2018, 04:15 PM
vjjack04
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Its pretty straightforward - I didn't bother to re-epoxy the bottom of the waterfall back to the body as the horseshoe molding on a 63 holds it in just fine - on a 67 ? I can't say... The rivet heads may need to be painted; the color varies by year and color combos so you'll have to check on that....

I don't want to derail your focus but if you haven't already checked and lubed the wiper arms, made sure your firewall insulation is good and checked to make sure your clutch pedal doesn't have any side-to-side movement (broken weld at the top - very common) now is the time to do those things... A good time to sneak some extra sealant under the windshield gasket if you've a mind to.
Thanks Frankie and others. Yep, I have already looked at the other stuff, and the clutch is a Bowler unit for a hydraulic clutch (I know the debate about hydraulic verses mechanical)....I have that in place...This is one of the last parts as i do final wiring and prep the LS3 for start up...hopefully within the next 2 weeks. By the way, my plan for the center is some semi-permanent flexible adhesive...thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing dash structure (1967)

Quick Reply: Installing dash structure (1967)