C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Speaking of C1 seats...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 04:04 PM
JF in MI
Drifting
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,299 Likes on 478 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
Default Speaking of C1 seats...

It has been about 45 years since I had my first C1 so I didn't remember how the seats used to feel. The current one I have (bought it about 1 and 1/2 years ago) I just didn't remember the seats being that uncomfortable (Hard with no thigh support near the knees). I also didn't remember such poor head room with the top up. Didn't think much of it until I had some friends over and he wanted me to drive his '66 to help find a stumble in the engine. His seats were a lot more comfortable than I remember another friend's '65. His wife sat in mine and commented how she sat a lot higher. I started thinking about it a few weeks later and pulled the lower seat to have a look and there it was. The "professionals" (I know this because the guy's estate I bought it from had pros do everything) who rebuilt the seats many years ago put in the spring pack backwards. After straightening them out they feel like "real" bucket seats again.

Backward

Correct; heavy springs in front
Old 09-25-2018, 07:45 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

I have the seat bottoms out of my 57 so I took a look . You are correct , the heavy springs with the burlap go toward the front .I, amazed how much more comfortable the C1 seats are compared to my C2's and C3's that I have owned .
Old 09-25-2018, 07:50 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by bj1k
I have the seat bottoms out of my 57 so I took a look . You are correct , the heavy springs with the burlap go toward the front .I, amazed how much more comfortable the C1 seats are compared to my C2's and C3's that I have owned .

I guess it is a matter of personal taste/opinion but My original 65 seats are MUCH more comfortable to me than my 57 with restored seats.

Get notified of new replies

To Speaking of C1 seats...

Quick Reply: Speaking of C1 seats...