C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Need Advisors in Los Alamitos/Rossmoor CA Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Jay1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Advisors in Los Alamitos/Rossmoor CA Area

I have a 65 roadster that has been sitting in a pole barn since 2006. I bought it in Oklahoma with a fresh engine and by the time that I got to Los Angeles the cam was flat. My wife and I started moving back and forth from Atlanta to Los Angeles quite a bit back then and staying in apartments meant no place for the Corvette so it went to a new pole barn at the family farm in Michigan. I live in Rossmoor CA now and have a dingy, dark, basic garage, not unlike the one I grew up with where I restored Jeep CJ-7's. This last summer in Michigan, the barber that has cut 4 generations of my family's hair, mentioned that my Dad is a bit put out that the car has been sitting so long.in the pole barn. He's right, and I could use that car in Southern California quite a bit.

My goal has always been to restore the car to the way that I could guess that it came from the factory (with a few exceptions) to judging condition. I wasn't alive in 1965 and have not been around something new and original. Being a former ASE Master Tech, I like things to start out in factory configuration and make upgrades as I go (with exceptions). I don't like bubbafied cars and this one has a bit of that to be undone, such as the radius-ed front fenders.

I will pay my NCRS dues and post the same thread over there. I've always lurked around on this forum and believe that certain modifications just should be done. So I will bring the car out here and will need to take the body off of it. I need a rotisserie and other things, but most of all, guidance from those of you that have been around these cars so much that you know exactly how everything should be. Having a support team in the area will make the project happen. I'll do the work, I need the advisement and referrals on where to send out some of the parts that will need to be sent out.

Anyone that fits the bill and is willing to help me see this project through to perfection, please get in touch with me, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by Jay1; 10-10-2018 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Bold Title
Old 10-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Duck916
Team Owner

Location: Various places in California. Not currently aflame.
Received 632 Likes on 390 Posts

I do not possess the knowledge you seek. But I live in northern Los Angeles county and find myself in Huntington Beach about once a month. If you need an extra set of hands, I'd be happy to help.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Boyan
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 292 Posts

Default Car

I live in another country, Los Angeles, but glad to give you advise on restoration and NCRS. You dont need a rotisserie....unless you were gonna do chicken for us......send me a PM....and post pictures !
Old 10-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Jay1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you gentlemen, I will be in touch. Perhaps what I need is a body dolly. I can make one out of wood if someone has a schematic, or if someone has an extra body dolly to rent out in the area, I have an enclosed car hauler to retrieve it with.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 10-11-2018, 03:06 PM
63 340HP
Team Owner

Received 2,330 Likes on 888 Posts

You may get a lead on a body dolly or jig by asking the guy's at JD Corvette on Alondra Blvd in Bellflower. They have been around a long time and have/had a posting board for customers parts and tools for restorations. It's best to visit in person because they are more likely to let you ask the guys in the shops, knowledge beyond the parts counter.

Good luck and have fun with the hobby.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Advisors in Los Alamitos/Rossmoor CA Area

Quick Reply: [C2] Need Advisors in Los Alamitos/Rossmoor CA Area