C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] Representing car for a widow

Old 12-05-2018, 06:46 PM
carlisle61
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Representing car for a widow

How can I get approval to represent a widow to sell a very nice 1961 fuel injected corvette?
Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 PM
DansYellow66
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Do you mean to advertise and assist her with the sell, or to act as her power of attorney? There can be a lot of stress putting yourself in either situation, but it's kind of you to offer to help her. I've been trying to help a widow sell some of her husband's carpentry and wood working equipment and it's tough trying to recommend a value that will net her something more than she will clear from an estate sell company, but yet reasonable enough in price to attract someone to buy it outright. The first thing I helped her sell was her husbands car and I really stressed out coming up with a price that was fair to her and a decent value to attract a buyer.

Last edited by DansYellow66; 12-05-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Drifting

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

send a PM to Vettebuyer6369 moderator with the information in the post
Old 12-05-2018, 08:12 PM
carlisle61
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am assisting her, and would like to place an ad on the cars for sale.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Dreaming60’s
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Why do you need approval? I've seen listings that state "helping a friend" sell his car in the for sale section. ?????

BH
Old 12-06-2018, 08:50 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,205 Likes on 2,297 Posts

I thought I understood, but the highlighted lines from the rules seem to show it's ok to sell for another IF you follow the guidelines AND the person you are selling the car for has the current title.

(Note: I am adding a quote box to the actual site rule verbiage here for clarification- vettebuyer6369)

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason.

We tried a revision to the rules to allow those listings to take place without the need to get prior approval from an administrator so long as the threads disclosed the circumstances of the nominee sale and stated the role they would play in resolving any post-sale disputes.

It hasn’t worked as it has created a proliferation of people offering Corvettes for sale for a friend or relative who declare they will take no responsibility in resolving post-sale disputes. That’s potentially harmful to site users, so we are reverting to some of the previous language.

Going forward, those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting:
  • The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car
  • The role the thread starter will play in the sale
  • And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues.
Threads failing to address those points will be removed by moderators.

Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes before proceeding with a purchase.

Those listing cars or parts they have no affiliation to, just for the interest of other Forum users, should specify "no affiliation" in the thread.

Non Supporting Vendors are not allowed to sell vehicles or parts on a consignment or paid basis.

All vehicles listed by a user, regardless of whether they own the vehicle, will count towards the "two in a rolling calendar year" rule unless they are "no affiliation" listings.

All vehicles listed for sale on the Forum, unless sold by a Supporting Vendor, must be titled by the current owner. No "title skipping" allowed.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 12-06-2018 at 11:23 AM. Reason: quoted rules for clarification
Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Originally Posted by 62cruiseer
Why do you need approval? I've seen listings that state "helping a friend" sell his car in the for sale section. ?????

BH
Any listing of a car or part owned by someone else must be approved by the site. Particulars are posted in a response in this thread and a moderator posted the forum rules in the duplicate thread elsewhere on this page. Any such thread that does not address these rules are removed. If the requirements are not clear, please PM me or any other section moderatator or admin and we can answer any questions and clarify.

Closing this thread as there are 2 open now.

Get notified of new replies

To Representing car for a widow

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [C1] Representing car for a widow