Photos of my car for Auction-Thoughts - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Photos of my car for Auction-Thoughts

Old 12-09-2018, 01:44 PM
Factoid
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike coletta View Post
Chris,
the car looks fabulous!! Regardless of the rookie comments, these cars are not bought on a whim, or an alcohol induced coma. These buyers are well aware of what they’re buying, and what they’re spending. The time slots are important, but rest assured, the bidders on your cars will be there when your cars are run through. As long as you are positioned among like value cars, you'll do great. Best of luck to you!!!
Clearly humor escapes your grasp..
Old 12-09-2018, 02:07 PM
65silververt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
Chris, are you talking about the Scottsdale auction in January? Beautiful car, you made a great choice on the wheels. What engine is car running? Good luck with the sale.
Yes, the Scottsdale Barrett Jackson auction. The car will sell on Friday January 18th at around 5:30-6:30pm from my calculations. Lot 1078

Here is the link to it on the Barrett-Jackson website.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...ERTIBLE-222534
The Following User Says Thank You to 65silververt For This Useful Post:
MarkC (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 02:09 PM
65silververt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by emdoller View Post
What a beautiful car. Can’t stop looking at it. What do expect to get for it and what auction?

Ed

I have no idea, actually. I have more time and money tied up in this car than any other car I have every built, so I need it to do very well. However, I've learned from previous auctions that you never know what to expect as a seller. It's terrifying, but I feel if there is a chance to get it in front of the right people, it is most likely at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:12 PM
65silververt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

MarkC

I forgot to answer your engine question. It has an LSX427 built by Southern Performance with 625hp. I didn't really believe that number until I took it out on the road for the first time and floored it. It is extremely responsive throughout the RPM range. I added the Katech Valve Covers, coil relocation kit, Carbon fiber intake cover, wrapped all the wires with braided wrap, and had my friend who is a TIG welder custom fabricate the aluminum air intake.
The Following User Says Thank You to 65silververt For This Useful Post:
MarkC (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 02:32 PM
vjjack04
CF Senior Member

That's a great looking car. Everything about it works. I will make sure to see it in person and watch it "go across the block". The headers look like the stainless works that were for a certain custom chassis. How did they work for you? I mean, did you have to modify them? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:02 PM
65silververt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vjjack04 View Post
That's a great looking car. Everything about it works. I will make sure to see it in person and watch it "go across the block". The headers look like the stainless works that were for a certain custom chassis. How did they work for you? I mean, did you have to modify them? Thanks.
Roadster shop had them made by stainless works to feed into 3” ceramic coated pipes with auger inserts. They fit great with the roadster shop chassis.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:09 PM
65silververt
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by vjjack04 View Post
Actually, perhaps I shouldn’t say they fit great as delivered since it was roadster shop who fit the engine and exhaust to their chassis. However, I don’t see any places where they were cut and welded back together.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: