C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] UNCLE!! Please help with Power Steering conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 09:19 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 1Cerberus4u
LOL, 68, now I wish there was a list of all the parts suppliers and which ones have a focus or expertise in what.... I have been using Ecklers, but they don't seem to have much in this PS department... Long Island Supply was a big help. Never heard of Corvettes America or Corvette Central or Paragon until today.... Who has the master list?
I don’t know how many of the vendors offer a complete PS conversation.
I have never had much good luck with Ecklers. I have been pretty loyal to Corvette Central although I have recently complained to them about their high-priced shipping and in fact made a post about it here about a week ago. It was moved to the transaction feedback forum where of course it is dying a slow death. I have heard good things about Zip Products.
The following users liked this post:
1Cerberus4u (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Paragon and Long Island Corvette are the key places that reproduce the brackets, and all the other small parts. Lone Star and Corvette brake in Fl (can’t remember there full name) are the ones who specialize in the PS components.
The following users liked this post:
1Cerberus4u (12-27-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,554 Likes on 2,797 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Andy, I’ve gotten to the point where Zip is my go to. One by one, the others have failed either through continuous backordering of parts with promised, yet unmet shipping dates, ridiculous shipping fees or “restocking” charges, or poor customer service. I think Nowhereman has given you sound advice and if there is a vendor who specializes in C2 PS, I’d be all over it.

I got a Borgeson PS conversion kit for my manual steer ‘64 for Christmas. Got it through he wife’s Amazon Prime account. My four kids all pitched in, but when it came it was addressed to the wife who always gets excited when a heavy box addressed to her shows up. Upon opening it, I hear, “What the eff is this car **** doing addressed to me?” Kind of made my day!

Anyway, it comes with a two piece bracket and instructions that say to remove the two studs on the back of the PS pump (they are replaced with two bolts that thread into the pump and provide clearance between the bracket and engine), sandwich the pump between the bracket halves and use two long bolts to attach it to the front drivers side of the engine. I painted the brackets and will be installing the pump today. I’m not suggesting this is your set up as it is not stock, but perhaps this is the bracket you have?

Quick Reply: [C2] UNCLE!! Please help with Power Steering conversion