C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

My Restomods are off to Barrett-Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 10:44 AM
Not Red Rob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 655 Likes on 297 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C4 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by baker19
Couldn't agree more. As you know I had a friend look at your black 63 at BJ and said it was spectacular. While I decided to sit on the sidelines and watch the prices at BJ, cars like yours and Jeff Hayes' red car pushed me over the edge to do one myself.

One small plug for Rob - his cars are absolutely fantastic builds and you my friend have an eye for design and a great feel for tasteful yet unique components to include in your builds! It's guys like you that are in fact raising the bar very high for others. Also you were kind enough to give me some offline insight into a unique component of your build and so you will recognize that on my car when it's complete and so thanks for that.

I've "borrowed" many ideas from guys before me like Rob to use on my 63 SWC resto-mod currently under construction. I've also realized how expensive and time consuming these high-end builds are to do right.

Agree that this is not going away anytime soon but the bar continues to be raised every day.

I think the quote from Ferris Beuller sums it up "If you have the means, I highly recommend it"
Thank you for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated! We love what we do and are more focused on the build than the profits and we hope that's translated in the finished product, although profits are good from time to time.

I love your quote, I'll have to borrow that.

Rob
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM
CorvetteMikeB
Melting Slicks

Received 439 Likes on 311 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist

Originally Posted by Not Red Rob
Thank you for the kind words, they are greatly appreciated! We love what we do and are more focused on the build than the profits and we hope that's translated in the finished product, although profits are good from time to time.

I love your quote, I'll have to borrow that.

Rob
Hey Rob, I love your cars too. But, why don't you ever build them with stock 15" knock-off wheels with 15" tires? We ALL like the "stock look" but not all of us like modern wheels on a true classic C2 Corvette.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:02 AM
Not Red Rob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 655 Likes on 297 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C4 of the Year Winner - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

The '65 we built had "knock off" 17" wheels and we had to change to 13" rotors to get the brakes to fit. Everyone still expects big brakes on these cars and it's pretty difficult to do with a small diameter wheel.

I love the look of 15" on a C2, a good friend a of mine and partner on a few cars is getting ready to build a '67 Roadster to keep, and he's adamant about keeping it period correct and not using anything larger than 15" vintage racing wheels. I believe his plan is to use C4 brakes front and rear to fit in the wheels.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteMikeB (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 11:09 AM
dcamick
Tether Man
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,039 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Love the C1 Side Exhaust..............Would Buy that from you in a heartbeat........If it works on a Stock 61 chassis.....

Love the Cars!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: My Restomods are off to Barrett-Jackson