C2 Passenger Side Dash Pad - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] Passenger Side Dash Pad

Old 01-15-2019, 09:15 AM
59BlueSilver
CF Senior Member

Yes, I understand them, watched a video on YouTube. I’m only thinking about using that new fastener in those hard to reach areas. I guess I can try it, and if I can’t get the new pad installed properly, I can remove the dash at that time. I just don’t want to get into project creep!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Yellow6t7
CF Senior Member

Would like to thank everyone who responded to this post. Since I never replaced my dash pads I followed this post with interest.
I have restored nearly everything on my car except for the dash pads. Never did I think the process was a difficult as has been explained here.
It certainly appears the best way to replace dash pads is to remove the entire dash unit.
Thanks again for the enlightenment!
Old 01-15-2019, 11:20 AM
theodude

Its not dificult , Take your time it goes pretty easy,. It and it will keep you ocupied for a few hours , you will be proud also its better to have the old ones reskined than buying new ones they
will fit your dash so much better

Last edited by theodude; 01-15-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:40 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 3,023 Times in 2,445 Posts

The only onerous part is removing the instrument cluster to pull the dash frame....everything else is straight-forward...

As to the cluster pull, as the Navy SEALS say, just "embrace the suck" and do it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [C2] Passenger Side Dash Pad

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: