Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 windshield trim

 
Old 01-15-2019, 10:45 PM
  #1  
deejaydu
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Seabrook Texas
Posts: 2,297
Thanked 69 Times in 61 Posts
Default 63 windshield trim

I know that this has been discussed here before but a search did not find what I am looking for. I am helping a friend with his SW and his side windshield SS trim is too high. I think that 63 moldings were 1 year only. If this is true than he must have 64 to 67 moldings. The thread that I was looking for was one where someone was now offering a modification of 64 to 67 moldings to now fit a 63. Am I dreaming or is this true. My friend is not a member here on the Forum and does not use a computer. Thanks for any help.

Jay
deejaydu is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:28 AM
  #2  
65 Pro Vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
65 Pro Vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Horsham Pa
Posts: 1,977
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by deejaydu View Post
I know that this has been discussed here before but a search did not find what I am looking for. I am helping a friend with his SW and his side windshield SS trim is too high. I think that 63 moldings were 1 year only. If this is true than he must have 64 to 67 moldings. The thread that I was looking for was one where someone was now offering a modification of 64 to 67 moldings to now fit a 63. Am I dreaming or is this true. My friend is not a member here on the Forum and does not use a computer. Thanks for any help.

Jay
63 coupe moldings are one year only moldings. 64 to 67 are not even close and not work. There is someone making side moldings for the cp. from 63 to 67 convertible stainless steel and modifying them to work with the cp. They work but they are detectable. Your friend does know that the windshield trim is higher than the door trim on a 63 coupe itís the way it is made.
65 Pro Vette is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:40 AM
  #3  
deejaydu
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Seabrook Texas
Posts: 2,297
Thanked 69 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 65 Pro Vette View Post

63 coupe moldings are one year only moldings. 64 to 67 are not even close and not work. There is someone making side moldings for the cp. from 63 to 67 convertible stainless steel and modifying them to work with the cp. They work but they are detectable. Your friend does know that the windshield trim is higher than the door trim on a 63 coupe itís the way it is made.
His problem is that the side windshield trim is higher than the center trim on both sides. His door trim is correct. We have compared his to mine which mine are correct.

Thanks
Jay
deejaydu is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 06:48 AM
  #4  
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Frankie the Fink's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Orlando Metro Area Florida
Posts: 46,741
Thanked 3,203 Times in 2,556 Posts
Default

Pictures would help -- most of the problem I've heard of are because of over-sized repro rubber or bad/repro clips...at the time of this article Paragon had the best repro clips and Corvette Rubber the best molding:

http://1963splitwindow.blogspot.com/...tion-1963.html
Frankie the Fink is offline  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 AM
  #5  
deejaydu
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Seabrook Texas
Posts: 2,297
Thanked 69 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Pictures would help -- most of the problem I've heard of are because of over-sized repro rubber or bad/repro clips...at the time of this article Paragon had the best repro clips and Corvette Rubber the best molding:

http://1963splitwindow.blogspot.com/...tion-1963.html
Hello Frank,
Thanks for this helpful information. We will go back and look at the clip situation. Maybe we can figure it out.

Jay

Last edited by deejaydu; 01-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.
deejaydu is offline  
Old 01-17-2019, 12:26 AM
  #6  
65 Pro Vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
65 Pro Vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Horsham Pa
Posts: 1,977
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Does he have the 63 top molding? Iíve seen guys try to use the 64 to 67 coupe top molding and they donít fit at all different configuration.
65 Pro Vette is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 65 Pro Vette For This Useful Post:
Frankie the Fink (01-18-2019)
Old 01-17-2019, 12:41 AM
  #7  
deejaydu
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Mar 2007
Location: Seabrook Texas
Posts: 2,297
Thanked 69 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 65 Pro Vette View Post
Does he have the 63 top molding? Iíve seen guys try to use the 64 to 67 coupe top molding and they donít fit at all different configuration.
This might be a very good point. I do not know the answer and since he lives 90 miles from me I cannot just go over and check. I will try and get him to send me some pictures of exactly what he has and then will post them here. I am sure that with all of the expertise here it can be figured out. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Jay
deejaydu is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 63 windshield trim


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: