C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Front Suspension and Steering Linkage Project

Old 01-20-2019, 08:49 PM
RJMerc
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Front Suspension and Steering Linkage Project

Making some pretty good progress on my front suspension and steering linkage/pump project. Thought I'd post some pictures. I really struggled with what paint and what paint method to use for my project. I tried a few brands and of rattle can and really was not impressed with the durability. Eastwood extreme chassis black could be scrapped off with a thumbnail after 5 days of cure. So I decided to try POR-15 with the rattle can POR-15 top coat. Gotta say, I'm very impressed with the product. Went on great and the finish is really nice. Followed the three step degrease, metal prep and POR-15 application per instructions and followed up with the top coat. I've finished the steering linkage, power steering pump, upper A arms. Just gotta get the bushing in the lower A arms, finish detailing the frame (where I can get to with the engine in), detail a few items under the hood and then get everything back together. Project is coming along nicely...

Old 01-20-2019, 08:53 PM
RJMerc
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 18 Posts

Pics of A arms didn't upload...and they appear out of order for some reason. Here's the A arm pics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Suspension and Steering Linkage Project