Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Corvette Correction C1 Chassis..Opinions?

Old 01-28-2019, 05:41 AM
Stan's Customs
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey Mike..good morning.
See your up at your normal time...already at the shop with coffee and a muffin I expect. How are you?
Thanks for the post..I was by Billy's when he was nearly finished with that car..in fact I have a lot of pics when I was there that day.
I glad it wasn't the the no.1 car...the '58. I would have been disappointed that I didn't get a shot at it if he had sold it.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:20 AM
mike coletta
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stan's Customs View Post
Hey Mike..good morning.
See your up at your normal time...already at the shop with coffee and a muffin I expect. How are you?
Thanks for the post..I was by Billy's when he was nearly finished with that car..in fact I have a lot of pics when I was there that day.
I glad it wasn't the the no.1 car...the '58. I would have been disappointed that I didn't get a shot at it if he had sold it.
Hey Stan...Thanks. Everything is good. I don't think Billy will ever sell the 58. Spending more time flying my airplanes. Doing some small jobs. Hope all is well.
Back on topic. I think that Chris is right, but the C4 suspension is still good for the 150K cars. I like the Corvette Correction chassis because it uses the transverse mono spring on the front and rear. It's the only main stream chassis that does. Just my preference. I built 18 cars on the Corvette Correction chassis, and have always liked the ride over the other brands that I have used (three). I would also say that you'll not find better customer service. Just my opinion.

BTW, I had hard boiled eggs this morning. LOL

Last edited by mike coletta; 01-28-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Robert61
CF Senior Member

Billy's cars were kinda the reason I got into this. A few years back he had a display at Cruising The Coast 2 silver cars, a C1 and a C2, that were beautiful. I thought some day! But I've got that lack of dollars issue so I have to do it as I can one thing at a time.

Last edited by Robert61; 01-28-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:50 AM
scott hovey
CF Member

I also just ordered a chassis from Billy last week. He said mine should be done close to the end of February, he is going to be a busy man next month.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:15 PM
Stan's Customs
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm still a big fan of Billy's chassis!...and what I would buy if I bought another one tomorrow.
The GM engineered suspension with mono springs was always a big reason for my choice too. I was not disappointed..the ride is very good.
I also much prefer the square tubing double frame and how neat the underside of the car is with one. It's very sanitary, with excellent ground clearance at what ever stance you choose.
....and I was attempting to build a timeless car...seems like designs change every couple of years, but so far Billy's frame has stood the test of time. Some things are just hard to improve on...
Happy trails...Stan
Old 01-28-2019, 01:46 PM
Rich Yanulis
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stan's Customs View Post
......so far Billy's frame has stood the test of time. Some things are just hard to improve on.......
Good to know!
Thanks
Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 PM
Robert61
CF Senior Member

I switched my copy chassis to coil overs. I don't like the cross talk the mono leaf has in the front and I wanted adjustability. When I hit a bump with my C4 it feels like both wheels leave the ground for a second.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:59 PM
Mikeacs

Thanks for all the feedback guys...I'm a little behind the curve on this setup, having only done restorations, so I appreciate the input!
Old 02-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Mikeacs

Default update ...Corvette Correction

We drove over to Billy's Corvette Correction this weekend and greatly enjoy he and Sherry's hospitality..Had a great meal with them, and later Billy showed us around, answered all out questions and invited us to drive his gorgeous red LS3 powered 61. What a car! After that we were sold on his chassis for the '59 and ended up checking most of the boxes on the order form, also adding the stainless fuel tank, exhaust, vintage air, Classic instruments gauges, etc, but going with the 4L70 over the six speed. We should have the chassis by mid March and I can't wait to get started. Thanks to all who recommended Billy...just a great guy to do business with, and a wealth of knowledge. Hopefully one day I can order a chassis for my 64 coupe..If anyone else is on the fence about where to go, I'd really recommend you drive one of Billy's cars...
Old 02-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Robert61
CF Senior Member

Curious? Did you happen to discuss or ask about wall thickness on the chassis? I just noticed you are from Ocean Springs. I love it there. We've stayed 3 times on Belle Fonataine for cruising the coast. I just met Terry at Gulf Coast Trim a couple of weeks ago. He is one of the guys I'm considering for my interior. Would you happen to know anything about him or have an opinion? Use pm if you feel like you need to.

Last edited by Robert61; 02-10-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Stan's Customs
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mikeacs View Post
We drove over to Billy's Corvette Correction this weekend and greatly enjoy he and Sherry's hospitality..Had a great meal with them, and later Billy showed us around, answered all out questions and invited us to drive his gorgeous red LS3 powered 61. What a car! After that we were sold on his chassis for the '59 and ended up checking most of the boxes on the order form, also adding the stainless fuel tank, exhaust, vintage air, Classic instruments gauges, etc, but going with the 4L70 over the six speed. We should have the chassis by mid March and I can't wait to get started. Thanks to all who recommended Billy...just a great guy to do business with, and a wealth of knowledge. Hopefully one day I can order a chassis for my 64 coupe..If anyone else is on the fence about where to go, I'd really recommend you drive one of Billy's cars...
Yeah ..the drive on one of his cars was a real experience...and one the reasons I bought mine as well.

Congratulations on your choice...keep us posted with pics when you get it.

Did you take any pics while you were there? I haven't been down there in a while, and would like to see his red '61 you mentioned.

Stan..

Last edited by Stan's Customs; 02-10-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Correction C1 Chassis..Opinions?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: