Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] 67 L71 Power Steering Pump Alignment

Old 02-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Larry Phipps

I got the pump off and compared it to a pump that appears to be original that came off my 65. The neck angle and height appears to be very close to the same. I am sure the second one ('67) is a reproduction.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:06 AM
1Cerberus4u
CF Senior Member

Larry, I have just been through this forest of installing PS in my BB car and I have a tread to detail the horror LOL...... After ordering some 6 or 7 different PS pumps, we came to realize that BB power steering pumps have a filler neck that is short, oval, kicked to one side of the reservoir and most importantly, tilted forward. The only place I could find them (besides that you can see pictures of them everywhere like on the rockauto site, ebay and such - yet when your order them you get a standard pear shaped pump) is from Lone Star in Tx. Expensive as heck, but it goes right in and works like Tom Brady....

If you go onto Rockauto.com and search a pump, I think its a Cardone A1 206086 or 206101 you will see a picture of it if mine dont load here...

From what I have found, this is the only pump that will work on a BB car...

Got mine finished yesterday....

Old 02-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Larry Phipps

Originally Posted by 1Cerberus4u View Post
Larry, I have just been through this forest of installing PS in my BB car and I have a tread to detail the horror LOL...... After ordering some 6 or 7 different PS pumps, we came to realize that BB power steering pumps have a filler neck that is short, oval, kicked to one side of the reservoir and most importantly, tilted forward. The only place I could find them (besides that you can see pictures of them everywhere like on the rockauto site, ebay and such - yet when your order them you get a standard pear shaped pump) is from Lone Star in Tx. Expensive as heck, but it goes right in and works like Tom Brady....

If you go onto Rockauto.com and search a pump, I think its a Cardone A1 206086 or 206101 you will see a picture of it if mine dont load here...

From what I have found, this is the only pump that will work on a BB car...

Got mine finished yesterday....
That sounds like the solution I need!!! Are you referring to Lone Star Caliper? Their site says Wholesale only. I had to register to see their prices, which is half of Paragon.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:29 PM
1Cerberus4u
CF Senior Member

Yes, Lone Star Caliper... They sell to anyone to the best of my knowledge.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:11 PM
C2Scho
Support Corvetteforum!

Larry,

Also, if you haven't seen it already there is a good article on the C2/C3 power steering pump put out by SuperChevy in June of last year. Given your current efforts the article is well worth the read. Good luck.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/cha...g-replacement/

C.J.
The Following User Says Thank You to C2Scho For This Useful Post:
Larry Phipps (02-10-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [C2] 67 L71 Power Steering Pump Alignment

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: