C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which would you pick

Old 02-08-2019, 08:40 PM
vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Liked 1,600 Times in 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvaflav View Post
I may be the only one who doesn't know "the long story" about the Fantomworks '67 BB. Can you fill me in ?

Ray
If it’s the maroon car recently featured on the show, it supposedly belongs to Dans brother. This oddball customer wanted a no-budget 435 horse roadster ‘67, and Dan talked his brother into selling the car to this guy and sprucing it up. There was some story about the original motor being gone, but being returned to the car in some way that I never understood. The office girl offered her opinion that it was too much car for the old guy. Old guy goes for a test drive and tell Dan he will take the car. Later, he calls back reportedly with some weird excuses of why he won’t take the car, and Dan says he’s not sad the car is staying. Huge, huge gaps in the story.
The following users liked this post: vettebuyer6369
rayvaflav (02-09-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 10:59 PM
sidepipe seeker
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 56 Times in 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBIRDCAGE View Post
The standard Foose creation would have a light color on the top area followed by a darker side color, perhaps fading into a silver bottom area paint. There could even be a stripe on it. An Edelbrock crate engine, oversized shiny wheels, a magnaflow exhaust system and a tuck & roll interior. Your bumpers would be shortened and refinished to better match the body lines. Almost forgot the huge speakers for the boom car effect.

I’m not saying you are misguided on your rating of the two shops the OP asked for response to.
To reduce or minimize the talents of Chip Foose into the list of customizing as you have done...is to negate or dismiss the FACT of Chip Foose as being the Youngest member of the Hot Rod Hall of Fame and a member of the SEMA Hall of Fame!!!...but then again...you may consider Michael Schumacher as an "Ordinary Driver"...Mark

https://www.chipfoose.com/blog/sema-...e-new-members/

Last edited by sidepipe seeker; 02-08-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:48 AM
BADBIRDCAGE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 202 Times in 164 Posts

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker View Post
To reduce or minimize the talents of Chip Foose into the list of customizing as you have done...is to negate or dismiss the FACT of Chip Foose as being the Youngest member of the Hot Rod Hall of Fame and a member of the SEMA Hall of Fame!!!...but then again...you may consider Michael Schumacher as an "Ordinary Driver"...Mark

https://www.chipfoose.com/blog/sema-...e-new-members/
I hadn’t planned to enter into a urinating contest with you or anyone else. My statement is an observation of what he (Foose) puts forward every week on the television show he stars in.

Foose is known to be talented and personable. As far as Schumacher goes, I grew up in the time of Jim Clark being world’s greatest Formula 1 driver.

Both persons mentioned were/are the “man of the hour” in their time. Their “hour” will be equalled or surpassed by someone else when the time comes. I’m not into hero worship.

How about we get back to the question asked by the OP? Given the option of having your car restored by Fantom Works or The Guild which would YOU choose? There are no other options. Make a decision. Get off the X.

Cheers
Old 02-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Brian VH McHale
CF Senior Member

Liked 61 Times in 52 Posts

I wouldn't let Fantom works touch my bicycle.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 AM
reno stallion
CF Senior Member

Liked 93 Times in 69 Posts

Wow that's like saying would you rather eat a dog turd or get poked in the eye with a sharp stick
Old 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM
KC John
CF Senior Member

Liked 87 Times in 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
Here's another new one you might want to try - "Love, Live, Wrench" - no fat, greasy, long-haired backward baseball cap types and no manufactured drama; just a normal married couple working in their own shop. "Emily" is beautiful, well-spoken, car-smart and tool-smart.
Heather, Amanda, and Emily keep me tuning in to their shows.
Just admit it John, you're an ole horn-dog like the rest of us.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 PM
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Liked 223 Times in 142 Posts

These threads always crack me up.....has anyone who's commented above actually had any interaction or real work done by either shop? I'm not defending them one way or the other, I'm just saying that writing a shop off, or supporting another one based on some over produced reality television show is a little ridiculous.

Additionally, to say the only person you'd allow to restore your car is Chip Foose would be like me saying that I'm only willing to take guitar lessons from Stevie Ray Vaughn (assuming he was still with us).

Now I have absolutely zero first hand experience with Fantom Works, but they are local to me, and I do know a few of their prior employees. All of them echoed what Dan said in his statement about the stresses filming that show placed on the shop. In talking to a few of their customers I have run into at local events, the general consensus is that they do excellent restoration type work....metal work, paint, body, interior, etc. but if you are looking for mechanical work like engine/trans/rear end building, you probably could do better elsewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which would you pick

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: