C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C1] Hardtop shop glassworks

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hardtop shop glassworks

Hi guys, I have been trying to get onto the Hardtop shop or Glassworks whichever they trade under.
Every time I bring up their name under google and click on the heading it says error. It’s been doing it for a few weeks now. Have they closed business or not dealing direct only trade maybe ? Is anyone experiencing this ?
Old 02-14-2019, 05:46 PM
leif.anderson93
Le Mans Master

Received 3,098 Likes on 1,866 Posts

I just called their phone number and got the answering machine (5:45pm eastern time)...they close at 5pm. Try them tomorrow.

GlassworksAuto glass shop in Crescent Township, PennsylvaniaAddress: 113 McGovern Blvd, Crescent Township, PA 15046Phone: (724) 457-0680

Last edited by leif.anderson93; 02-14-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:48 PM
pwillia
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought some items from them in November... As suggested above, give them a call in the morning.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM
vettsplit 63
Le Mans Master

Location: "You may all go to Hell- and I will go to Texas- Davy Crockett
Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by pwillia
I bought some items from them in November... As suggested above, give them a call in the morning.
Ask for Matt.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:06 PM
dafloi001
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Glassworks

Matt is doing some work forme and I did talk to him about a week ago
Old 02-15-2019, 10:20 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Did you try this address? It just worked for me.....

http://www.thehardtopshop.com/
Old 07-13-2019, 02:43 PM
HomeboyMI
Instructor

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY..I bought a hardtop for my C2 from them. It looked nice but was built on a bent frame. It had a big gap under one side of the rear window and the door can't be closed with the driver:s window up. It hits against the top. Matt came up with excuses for a year saying he would take care of it. He never did, he was only playing me along hoping I would go away. I asked for another top or my money back and got neither. I am out $3550.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I'm gonna say that's the first complaint I've heard about this outfit not standing behind their work. I have personally seen (along with several other forum members such as Chuck Gongloff) Matt of Glassworks, fly down here to Florida to physically work on a member's hardtop that his company restored because the rear glass wasn't fitting well. We all stood in the garage while Matt worked on the top and explained to us what he was doing to correct the issue.

It was forum member wmf62 (Bill) '62..
The following 2 users liked this post by Frankie the Fink:
Dreaming60’s (07-13-2019), mike coletta (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:56 PM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by HomeboyMI
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY..I bought a hardtop for my C2 from them. It looked nice but was built on a bent frame. It had a big gap under one side of the rear window and the door can't be closed with the driver:s window up. It hits against the top. Matt came up with excuses for a year saying he would take care of it. He never did, he was only playing me along hoping I would go away. I asked for another top or my money back and got neither. I am out $3550.

Your opinion, but I disagree. Something is wrong with that window. This should be in transaction feedback, because your post has nothing do do with the subject. It's "transaction feedback". Also, it doesn't look like you have the rear hold downs installed, which will pull that decklid to the top.

Last edited by mike coletta; 07-13-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:59 PM
HomeboyMI
Instructor

Originally Posted by mike coletta
Your opinion, but I disagree. Something is wrong with that window. This should be in transaction feedback, because your post has nothing do do with the subject. It's "transaction feedback".
Then why is the window OK with the convertible top?
Old 07-13-2019, 04:02 PM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Then why is the window OK with the convertible top?
The factory procedure, is that you ALWAYS adjust the sideglass to the hardtop FIRST, and then install the softop. It's in the service manual.

There is more flexibility to adjust the soft top frame to fit the windows, regardless of the position. The hardtop is "fixed" so that is why you do it first. Check my credentials...

The problem you have now, is that the soft top is installed, and once the "rag" is installed, the adjustment on the soft top goes away.

Last edited by mike coletta; 07-13-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:10 PM
HomeboyMI
Instructor

The factory procedure, is that you ALWAYS adjust the sideglass to the hardtop FIRST, and then install the softop. It's in the service manual.

There is more flexibility to adjust the soft top frame to fit the windows, regardless of the position. The hardtop is "fixed" so that is why you do it first. Check my credentials...

The problem you have now, is that the soft top is installed, and once the "rag" is installed, the adjustment on the soft top goes away.
How are you going to move the door glass fore and aft? What about the huge gap under the rear window?

Last edited by HomeboyMI; 07-13-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:21 PM
mike coletta
Safety Car

How are you going to move the door glass fore and aft?
I'm not going to explain the procedure to you, but there are lots of adjustments. they are all in the service manual. Your window looks like it needs to be tilted, and the upper stops need adjustment. Also, if the soft top was put on too high, then the glass travels too high, and causes the angle at the rear to hit too early.

On the rear gap, do you have the hold down bolts (1/4" x 20) installed??. Are the nuts tight??
https://www.corvettecentral.com/c3-6...p%26count%3d72

Last edited by mike coletta; 07-13-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:28 PM
HomeboyMI
Instructor

I'm not going to explain the procedure to you, but there are lots of adjustments. they are all in the service manual. Your window looks like it needs to be tilted, and the upper stops need adjustment. Also, if the soft top was put on too high, then the glass travels too high, and causes the angle at the rear to hit too early.
Thank you for your concern. I understand what you are saying but it doesn't apply to this situation. The frame was bent at one time and Glassworks built a new top out of it. They have played me for over a year saying they would make it right and never did. I just want other Corvette owners aware before they spend $3550 on a product from out of state.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:33 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Thank you for your concern. I understand what you are saying but it doesn't apply to this situation. The frame was bent at one time and Glassworks built a new top out of it. They have played me for over a year saying they would make it right and never did. I just want other Corvette owners aware before they spend $3550 on a product from out of state.
That being the case, your complaint does not belong in the open forum. Please start a factual thread reporting your dispute in the Transaction Feedback section.
The following 2 users liked this post by vettebuyer6369:
Dreaming60’s (07-13-2019), mike coletta (07-13-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Hardtop shop glassworks

Quick Reply: [C1] Hardtop shop glassworks