C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[C2] NCRS Shipping Data Question

Old 02-23-2019, 11:31 AM
JLSmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default NCRS Shipping Data Question

I finally got around to ordering the NCRS Sipping Data report for my car. It shows Dealer Code “0”, Region 3. St Louis Chevrolet Zone Office. No dealer is listed for Dealer Code “0”. How should I interpret this result - a special order car for an executive to drive? Any thoughts on what else to do to find more on its early history?
Thanks,
- Jeff
Old 02-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Vet65te
CF Senior Member

Jeff - that is unusual. Did you post a question on the NCRS Forum for Dealer Code Info? https://www.ncrs.org/services/dealer-code-data.php
Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 02-23-2019, 12:03 PM
jimgessner
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by JLSmith View Post
I finally got around to ordering the NCRS Sipping Data report for my car. It shows Dealer Code “0”, Region 3. St Louis Chevrolet Zone Office. No dealer is listed for Dealer Code “0”. How should I interpret this result - a special order car for an executive to drive? Any thoughts on what else to do to find more on its early history?
Thanks,
- Jeff
The car was ordered by a Chevrolet official for delivery to the ZONE OFFICE for a special car for racing, or a COPO special paint etc. car used within a ZONE OFFICE. It may have been for a GM executive. The fact that it is the St. Louis office answers the special car description. I believe the FRIENDLY CHEVROLET dealership which was across the street from the factory handled your car originally. Tell us more about your car. JOHN HINKLEY can answer more questions about this.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:50 PM
JLSmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I’ll try the NCRS Forum, too. Good idea.

As for the car, it’s pretty well optioned but nothing too special. Trophy Blue over Dark Blue interior. L79, 4-speed with 3:36 posi. Original A/C, power steering and power brakes. Both tops. KO wheels but I don’t think they are original. Numbers match. I have reciepts back to 1981 when it was owned by a woman who lived in Tampa, FL.
- Jeff
Old 02-23-2019, 02:08 PM
hedgehead
CF Senior Member

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would

Seems pretty special to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to hedgehead For This Useful Post:
silver837 (02-25-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 03:13 PM
TCracingCA
CF Senior Member

Sometimes a car was brought in for a local advertising campaign! Sometimes stuff like this was done, when they wanted to bring some cars out to like a big race event weekend! Have some cars on display!

Last edited by TCracingCA; 02-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:44 PM
JLSmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Special to me, anyway! 😊
Old 03-13-2019, 06:33 PM
JLSmith
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jimgessner View Post
The car was ordered by a Chevrolet official for delivery to the ZONE OFFICE for a special car for racing, or a COPO special paint etc. car used within a ZONE OFFICE. It may have been for a GM executive. The fact that it is the St. Louis office answers the special car description. I believe the FRIENDLY CHEVROLET dealership which was across the street from the factory handled your car originally. Tell us more about your car. JOHN HINKLEY can answer more questions about this.
I searched Google for Friendly Chevrolet in St. Louis but came up empty (lots of Friendly Chevrolets but not in St. Louis). Anyone know the original address?
- Jeff
Old 03-14-2019, 12:04 PM
desertpilgrim
CF Senior Member

Contact Public Library, St Louis, MO.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: