C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60 dash pad install

Old Today, 09:37 AM
vettsplit 63
CF Senior Member

Location: Power tripping Sociopath- has a nice ring to it- I used to be a people person, but people ruined it Texas
Liked 93 Times in 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 58horse View Post
I installed my AK pad and my only issue was that the foam was too thick behind the instrument insert. It would not go back far enough ton get the bolts in and I had already glued. Make sure you check fit before gluing.
That is an area that you don't want to get super aggressive, as those studs on the cluster are fragile. We spent lots of time removing foam there and i used my knees to 'buck' the cluster into place while a helper started the bolts through the dash brace.
Old Today, 09:52 AM
Frankie the Fink
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 3,509 Times in 2,772 Posts

Trimming to much around the dash insert will create problems later on (ask me how I know) - do the MINIMUM....Willcox makes a tool to get the insert in with the repro foam pads or you can make your own. I trimmed nothing off the front foam on my 61 Romeo pad when installing, I'd be real cautious there too.. Be careful on those corner cuts too...make 'em too long and they'll be visible..

I was lucky as a first time C1 pad installer - I didn't make any mistakes so large I couldn't cover them up - prob as good as it gets when "learning on the job"..

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: