C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

OT - 1969 Goodwood Racing Footage

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 01:56 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Default OT - 1969 Goodwood Racing Footage

Here is some short yet terrific footage from the Goodwood Racing Circuit in England from 1969, you can even spot a Ford GT40 or four in this one.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RueGxlOFdoUzBB

edit: This isn't from 50 years ago, this was from a trip to the Goodwood Members Meeting that I took this past weekend, it's less than a week old.

Ray
The following 2 users liked this post by rayvaflav:
3JsVette (04-14-2019), Dave64 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Sweet!

That's a bucket list item.
The following users liked this post:
rayvaflav (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
Sweet!

That's a bucket list item.
I highly recommend it. Goodwood has three vintage events each year, The Members Meeting that I attended was smaller than The Revival or The Festival Of Speed but because it was "more intimate" it was a bit less overwhelming and a bit less rushed. Plus there was a race featuring 60 Minis and another of nothing but Porsche 917's.

Ray
Old 04-14-2019, 10:34 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

WOW! That sure looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting.
The following users liked this post:
rayvaflav (04-14-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Jan25
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing!

I started looking more and more into Goodwood events as I moved to the country about six months ago (although I am at the other end in Scotland). I attended the Festival of Speed twice, which is as much into modern cars as it is into classics, and the Revival is definitely on my "to do" list, but I was interested in your comment saying that the Members' Meeting is a more "intimate" event than the 100'000+-people-a-day Festival of Speed and Revival. Looking on Goodwood's website, I noticed that the Member's Meeting (unsurprisingly from the name) is a members-only event, so I assume you are a (full) member of the GRRC?

Currently the way to become a member is apparently to become a "fellowship" member at £39 per year, which is basically a waiting list for full membership, with a few notable perks (like advance purchase option of FoS and Revival tickets).
Old 04-15-2019, 03:08 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jan25
Thanks for sharing!

I started looking more and more into Goodwood events as I moved to the country about six months ago (although I am at the other end in Scotland). I attended the Festival of Speed twice, which is as much into modern cars as it is into classics, and the Revival is definitely on my "to do" list, but I was interested in your comment saying that the Members' Meeting is a more "intimate" event than the 100'000+-people-a-day Festival of Speed and Revival. Looking on Goodwood's website, I noticed that the Member's Meeting (unsurprisingly from the name) is a members-only event, so I assume you are a (full) member of the GRRC?

Currently the way to become a member is apparently to become a "fellowship" member at £39 per year, which is basically a waiting list for full membership, with a few notable perks (like advance purchase option of FoS and Revival tickets).
Yessir, I believe that's how it worked on my end. My lovely bride started this process to have my becoming a member last year without my knowledge. Anyone whom I spoke with commented about they actually like the Members Meeting better than the FOS. I will try and post a few more videos and photos if you are interested. Cheers !

Ray
Old 04-16-2019, 10:21 AM
ChattanoogaJSB
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 875 Likes on 538 Posts

Ray- I’m very interested in seeing more you can share with us. I’m contemplating a Goodwood even for my 40th.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:03 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChattanoogaJSB
Ray- I’m very interested in seeing more you can share with us. I’m contemplating a Goodwood even for my 40th.
Here's a few more videos, I will try and load some more photos in the next few days. It's a great event, my wife and myself were treated very well and were encouraged to be "the loud Americans" at a few of the events, especially the ferret racing. That's correct, ferret racing.

Ray
Old 04-17-2019, 01:54 AM
Jan25
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing!!

Ferret racing... “ferret” as in furry animals of the mustelid family or armored cars...???

Get notified of new replies

To OT - 1969 Goodwood Racing Footage

Quick Reply: OT - 1969 Goodwood Racing Footage