C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Panels

Old 04-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Mogdog

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panels

Can anyone recommend the best source for door panels for a 67 convertible? I am looking for a good fit at the top of the door and along the wing window. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Nowhere Man
CF Senior Member

Recieved 1,576 Likes on 1,410 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Corvette America’s panels are decent
Old 04-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Mike67nv
CF Senior Member

Recieved 207 Likes on 152 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

The CA door panels I bought in 2013 fit my '67 very nicely. The original passenger side door panel had a large gap at the vent window Ė no telling what it had gone through. My new CA door panels actually fit better right out of the box but not perfect. I doubt if itís recommended by CA, but I installed them first and then used a rubber hammer to narrow the gaps. Just go at it carefully, padding with a heavy towel, starting with soft blows. Youíll be able to tell how much force (not much) is required. Mine conformed nicely without damaging the panels.

Here's an old thread talking about fit and a pic of my panel fit: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...l-install.html

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: