C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

New Record

Old 04-20-2019, 07:47 AM
CaptainEgg
Almost Retired
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

Default New Record

I believe I may have set a new record over on the NCRS website. I was censored and the threads closed twice in less than a week. Such a warm fuzzy feeling belonging to an organization that doesn't believe in free speech or opinions that question the way things are handled!
Old 04-20-2019, 07:54 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,920 Likes on 4,770 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

And what was your topic. I also learned if the senior members didn’t come up with the idea it’s not a good idea
Old 04-20-2019, 08:20 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

I agree the right for free speech is a must but swearing on any forum i do not approve of and i see a lot on this site. Moderators please !
The following users liked this post:
Greg (04-20-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 08:26 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,332 Posts

I figure it's like the Jesuits - I don't particularly want to go to a Jesuit school, but I'm glad that someone preserved the state of the art, even if they can be prickly at times. But, no, I don't go there very often.

Last edited by Easy Rhino; 04-20-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by fake
I agree the right for free speech is a must but swearing on any forum i do not approve of and i see a lot on this site. Moderators please !
All you have to do, is click on the "report" icon at the bottom left of the post (it's a little red/white triangle, with the vertical dash), and the mods will remove it. I'm on here all the time, and don't see what you're talking about. Just report it.

Last edited by mike coletta; 04-20-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,505 Likes on 2,778 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by fake
All I can say is it was a good thing you weren’t in the military!

I rarely see swearing on the C1/C2 forum, but when I need a crazy check I click on C6, C7, OT, or heaven forbid the dreaded political forum. Two minutes usually resets my sanity clock.
The following 3 users liked this post by Factoid:
Bowtyeguy (04-21-2019), Greg (04-20-2019), mcb55-210 (04-21-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 09:30 AM
Steve59
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

a lot of "attitude" over there and VERY cliquish, Seems as if they won't respond to anyone not in the in group for fear of the outsider getting more points......
Old 04-20-2019, 09:36 AM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,332 Posts

Originally Posted by mike coletta
All you have to do, is click on the "report" icon at the bottom left of the post (it's a little red/white triangle, with the vertical dash), and the mods will remove it. I'm on here all the time, and don't see what you're talking about. Just report it.
LOL, I never noticed that before!

I think I'll report your post just for the exercise, LOL!
Old 04-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Been an NCRS member for 12 years now, if you meander over to that web site and expect it to be like this site, well - you're in for a revelation. Certainly a different aspect of the hobby...
Old 04-20-2019, 10:45 AM
MOXIE62
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 275 Posts

Where did his post go. Tried to respond to it but it's gone. I guess he realized he did not know what he was talking about. Anyway, it's not voluntary if you want to get your car dealer information.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

I remember when I joined NCRS I was excited to gain knowledge and learn from the old guys. I quickly learned a lot of them are old, bitter and would rather take their knowledge to the grave than teach younger guys. I never renewed.
Bowtyeguy (04-21-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 09:06 AM
CaptainEgg
Almost Retired
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 191 Likes on 152 Posts

Been an NCRS member since the early 80's. It's not the general membership I have a problem with, most of those guys are quick to help you and share their knowledge. I have meet and made friends with several members. It's the ones who run the club that I have problems with. And their so called financial report is a joke, They have rewritten the dictionary for the word Volunteer. To them it means you will pay to volunteer while you will also pay for our travel and meals. If we turned in an operating expense sheet like theirs we would surely be hauled onto the carpet. In 2017 the NCRS paid out over 54,000 dollars in travel, lodging and meals. Yet I was going to volunteer at the National and was going to pay my own travel, lodging, and meals and they expected pay them $160.00 for the privilege. The financial report that you get to see says they spent $660,000 dollars in 2017, but not how much they have. I could go on but you get the picture. They do show that the "Foundation" has almost a half a million in assets, of which they spent $30,000.00, but who knows how much the club itself has.
When I question any of this my thread was closed, no further discussion allowed!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I don't care - I pay my $40 (or whatever) annually and go to only local events - its worth the cost to me for the knowledge and the monthly magazine.... Sometimes that gets me "club" parking at events or discounts on other things...well worth it IMO...

As a non-profit "social club" I'll let the IRS worry about how solid their bookkeeping is...
blue max (04-22-2019)
Old 04-21-2019, 05:58 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

close for review- will not be re-opening
———-

Guys, a number of issues have come up in this thread that I think need clarification.

First, I’m not familiar with the NCRS’ boards’ rules enough to comment on them, so I won’t. I will comment on questions on Corvette Forum rules that have come up.

First, the subject of “censorship.” The forum actually has a rule that references people’s questions about “censorship.” Being a privately owned entity, the forum has every right to decide on what content is acceptable. Members who choose to participate on the site need to understand that. Constitutionally protected speech is relevant to the government and Civics Class.

Censorship rule and link is listed below.

Secondly, Language. This is one of those rules that’s had a change in recent years which results in confusion now. Fact is, the site used to be much tighter regarding obscene language, but it has been relaxed noticably. That is a decision made by others, but the newest version of that rule refers to the change in policy. That current rule is also listed below.

And finally, complaints and questions. If you have a question about rules or moderation, or simply want to discuss a certain complaint, please contact a section Mod or an Admin by PM and we will explain anything you need to have explained. However, statements bashing the site or its moderation are not allowed in the open forum for obvious reasons. I have provided that rule below as well.

Offensive language

Historically, the Forum’s software has been set to block certain words and terms we considered to be inappropriate for use on the site. Typically, the words and terms included were those that are crude, vulgar and/or involved racial epithets.

The filtered list was not comprehensive and moderators tried to show some tolerance if the word/term was altered enough so as not to be blatant.

It has turned out to be an exercise in futility and a time-consuming endeavor the moderators have not been able to keep up with.

Going forward, moderators will review reports of offensive language where it is used to convey hostility toward other Forum members. They also will monitor for excessive posting of offensive language by individuals. They will not permit expletives in thread titles or user IDs nor will racial epithets be allowed in any context.

As a courtesy to other site users who access Corvetteforum at work, please add the designation NSFW to the title of any thread that may contain offensive content or links to videos with offensive content.

The judgment of moderators will be final in such issues
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-language.html

Free Speech/censorship

God bless America, where we enjoy constitutionally protected rights. Free speech, although not absolute, is one of those rights.

Being a member at Corvetteforum.com is not, however, a constitutionally protected right. The Forum is a private enterprise and its owners have the right to establish rules of behavior for participants.

Participants who agree to follow Forum rules and then don’t will sometimes find that their inappropriate posts have been deleted. They should not reopen a topic after a moderator has closed a thread on the topic. A pattern of such defiance of the Forum’s rules/guidelines will jeopardize a member’s posting privileges
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ensorship.html

Complaints, Suggestions & Questions

If you have suggestions for the improvement of the Forum, questions or criticism of the Forum or its moderation, you are welcome to PM or e-mail a moderator. Please do not use an open thread for such messages, however.

That would include, but is not limited to discussions about who has been banned and why.

The work on the Forum's volunteer moderators is difficult enough without having folks calling them out in open threads
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 04-21-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Rule clarifications
Factoid (04-22-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To New Record

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Record