Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[C2] S.O.S. Rear wheel alignment kicking my a$$

Old 06-29-2019, 09:21 AM
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Received 324 Likes on 199 Posts

Thanks guys, Ill give that thread a thorough read. The -1 degree camber at all 4 corners was based on the recommendation of a few forum members based on my suspension set up, R-compound tires, and intended use. That being said, I may dial it back to -1/2 degree based on some of the reading I have since done.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:11 AM
R66
CF Senior Member

Received 301 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYNAVY30 View Post
Thanks guys, Ill give that thread a thorough read. The -1 degree camber at all 4 corners was based on the recommendation of a few forum members based on my suspension set up, R-compound tires, and intended use. That being said, I may dial it back to -1/2 degree based on some of the reading I have since done.
Didn't catch the R rated tires and intended use (racing???), so my comments do not apply. I am no expert as this is my first attempt at the IRS alignment. I am not liking the large variation in camber due to weight changes in the car.

Good luck,

Ron
Old 06-29-2019, 12:28 PM
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Thanks Ron. This is also my first go at the IRS alignment. That being said, we don't have any local Corvette shops, and I dont particularly trust the average alignment shop to know what they're doing with this car. I also just generally prefer to learn how to do something myself as opposed to paying someone else to do it.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM
DansYellow66
CF Senior Member

Received 741 Likes on 664 Posts

Any new developments on this?
Old 07-02-2019, 02:46 PM
FLYNAVY30
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DansYellow66 View Post
Any new developments on this?

Unfortunately not yet.....a combo of family in town, and my own frustration caused me to take a week brake from the rear. I did start messing with the front alignment and that is coming along much better. I hope to get back on the rear this Friday. My plan is to:

1. back the rear camber off to -1/2 degree
2. adjust the ride height as the rear is still sitting about .5 inch too high
3. back it up and down the driveway a few times to allow everything to settle.
4. remeasure everything and start from scratch if needed.

Once I get everything close, I'm leaning towards trailering the car up to Zip in Mechanicsville outside Richmond to have them give it a final alignment. I did find a local shop that a few forum member have had good experience with, but I'd still prefer to bring it to a reputable Corvette specialty shop.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:35 PM
JPB04619
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i too have been following this thread closely...i have a 64 that is slightly toed out on the right rear and no more adjustment.....hoping to get it to alignment shop in next week or so...john b

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [C2] S.O.S. Rear wheel alignment kicking my a$$

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: