C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Matt Gruber
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll

just checking the OT section i was glad to see the c1 leading their POLL. the c1 has class like Jackie O. did.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Y2KSuperSport
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (Matt Gruber)

yea one of the most beautiful cars ever produced its a real classic id love to have one in my stable someday ! you guys are lucky that have em.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:37 PM
62fuelie
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

While the C2's have the greatest following among the Corvette only crowd, I have usually observed that when I take both my 62 and 67 to a general interest car show, the 62 gets all the attention. The 67 is actually more "show ready" than the 62, but that cuts little ice with the general public.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

When I bought mine, only C-1's & C-2's were available; Vettes were ONLY a little fancier than a Chevy convertible...there was no "NCRS", no matching #'s crap. Cost me $1600 w/ 4 speed & 2 tops; the fuel injection unit was GONE, and whoever blew up the 327 replaced it with a "civilian" 283 :rolleyes: I just wanted a Vette to "get it outta my system"...I would've bought ANY year that I could afford ($700 cash, $700 Credit Union limit, hadda listen to "dad speech" about "buying somebody else's junk" before he'd lend me the needed $300) :( Figured I'd keep it for a year, take a $100 loss, and I could go through the rest of my life saying "I useta have a Corvette"...NOW, I'm stuck saying "I HAVE a Corvette". ;) Almost 36 years, still in love :yesnod:
Class? I wasn't concerned about class :nono: As soon as you can afford ANY Vette, buy it: it will be your FIRST one...if you're lucky- like me - it'll be your FIRST AND LAST one :smash: (IMHO, of course)
:steering: Cruz :steering:
Old 01-15-2003, 12:08 PM
wallyknoch
Pro

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (62fuelie)

I think it`s pretty obvious what I think. :lol: :thumbs: :hurray:
Old 01-15-2003, 12:46 PM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (Cruzmeisters)

CRUZ it's interesting how you put that reply. I thought about when I bought mine. 1985 all that was out was the "new corvette". What did they cost someting like 30K not happening for a 19 year old. Besides I didn't even like them. I though more like it was nearing the end for corvette :yesnod: :lol: . From my first job flipping burgers, I knew some day I wanted a Corvette like pop's. I too have had many people come up to me and say "I useta have a Corvette"... I usually reply "had is a bad word". I plan to drive my car more this year that ever before :thumbs:

[Modified by INMYBLOOD, 11:51 AM 1/15/2003]
Old 01-15-2003, 03:35 PM
K2
Melting Slicks

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (INMYBLOOD)

:iagree:

I gotta go along with Cruz. Also my first and only Vette of 30+ years. But I pd a whopping 55,000 for it back then!! :eek: OOps- thats pennys! Didn't care about class or status or investment - Twas those sensuous captivating curves that snared me. I'm still hopelessly caught :lol:. :steering:
Old 01-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Mel Foye
Racer

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (Cruzmeisters)

With you on that Cruz. This May will be the 40th. year with me and the 62. Kinda looks like it will work out. :yesnod: Have to thank Buzz and Todd for all the waves I get.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Mel Foye
Racer

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (wallyknoch)

Wally, glad to see a 62 with a trailer hitch as I get a lot of noise on mine. Most I have ever towed was about 3,500 pounds. Used it mostly to tow modified 56 Vette to the drags.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll (Mel Foye)

Wally, glad to see a 62 with a trailer hitch as I get a lot of noise on mine. Most I have ever towed was about 3,500 pounds. Used it mostly to tow modified 56 Vette to the drags.
Re: Trailer Hitch...mine had a hitch on when I bought it, so 2 years later I bought a 13' Scotty trailer (less than 1K pounds); when I "permanent-camped" (no towing), I took the ball off and used the hitch for a mount for the magnetic CB antenna. Took it off about 10 years ago, then 3 weeks ago, I saw one on E-Bay...which went for - I think - $140+, so I contacted #2 bidder (the only one who used his e-mail "addy" as a "user-name") and asked if he was interested<$$$$$ signs in my eyes>; he replied "No thanks...I've changed my mind". I figure he must've been a "SHILL" to help drive the price up for the Seller :mad :rolleyes:
:steering: Cruz :steering:

Get notified of new replies

To Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll

Quick Reply: Does the c1 have the most class? c1 ahead in OT poll