C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Vintage race or Org in Seattle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 02:19 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Vintage race or Org in Seattle?

I am a vintage Corvette racer who has just moved to the Richland, Washington Area. Last 4th of July, there was a vintage race in Seattle. I did not notice the sanctioning organization, nor location. I would like to be a participant at this year's (2003) race, and I need to find out who to contact for registration information. Can any of the board members help me out with this?
Thanks,
Old 01-17-2003, 02:54 PM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Re: Vintage race or Org in Seattle? (63Corvette)

Seems to me that the vintage race was at SIR (Seattle International Raceway), the new owners changed the name to PIR (Pacific Raceway Park). I think. Anyway, I'd call them up or look up their website for this years agenda. Congratulations on the move up here, nice to have you with us. :cheers:
Old 01-17-2003, 03:25 PM
K2
Melting Slicks

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Re: Vintage race or Org in Seattle? (63Corvette)

Garrett;
Welcome to the Great Pacific Northwest!:cheers:
The organization you are referring to is SOVREN (Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts) and can be found at the website http://www.sovren.org/
They put on a series of vintage races throughout the year of which the biggest is the July 4th event at Pacific International Raceways in Kent put on for the benefit of Children's Hospital. We have been attending this event regularly for many years and it is one of the best in the Country. Best wishes in your relocation and hope to see you there this summer.
:steering:
Old 01-17-2003, 05:05 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Re: Vintage race or Org in Seattle? (K2)

Thanks for your very welcome help guys. See you there.

Get notified of new replies

To Vintage race or Org in Seattle?

Quick Reply: Vintage race or Org in Seattle?